New Formation Patch (TRF)

So, a reminder that we are soon coming to the change over date (July 3rd) to move to our new formation patch! (TRF)

The original information can be found here.

It’s very poorly worded, but it’s been made clear this patch is going to be for everyone in uniform. Cadets, SNCOs and Officers. These should in theory be arriving at WHQs ready for delivery to units very soon, if not already done.

Photo from Green Frog on the ones they are selling:

(I think they look great!)

I assume a new IBN will be out shortly reminding people, and clarifying the details…

2 Likes

This is correct, there seems to be some misunderstanding around this.

1 Like

Also before buying remember WHQs will be recieving stock in the next few days to distribute…HIOW have recieved enough for 2 each.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m intrigued to know how Green Frog has already sold 500, given these will be issued to everyone (for free, from WHQ). Surely two each is enough? :rofl:

2 Likes

Not if you wear barrack shirts it isn’t.

7 Likes

There should be a small excess supply st your WHQ of you ask nicely

2 Likes

Good point. I was just thinking of blanking patches.

So the Corps has ordered over 100,000 of these TRFs.

Dont know the exact answer…just saying we recieved enough.

Remind me, why do we needs a new formation badge again?

1 Like

if wings are getting them in the next few days and then get them out to sqns it leaves about 3-5 days to swap for the 3rd… poor, very poor!!

As there’s the Cadet TRF, SNCO one and Officer - lets get everyone on the same page here?

And why this a priority and not other things - if you can at least fix what you can fix then it’s something!

4 Likes

Yeah, spot on. If we want to be ‘One RAFAC’ we can at least start with having one TRF. This isn’t a priority, but it’s a pretty easy thing to implement.

2 Likes

I’ve not seen the IBN (don’t have access as no longer in) but I would doubt that the Corps has gone so downhill since I left that people will be shouted at for not wearing the badge immediately - I would imagine that this is a “you can wear it from this date” and then there’s probably going to be a “can’t wear any others” from another date.

2 Likes

Reading the Astra briefing note, I thought we were one RAF Family.

2 Likes

You see those three colours behind the big gold bird - where do you think they’ve come from…?

1 Like

Surely now officers are all Cadet Forces Commission, Officers should wear the purple tri-service formation patch instead.

From experience “some” will be on it!

They look great. I’m almost jealous I’ll be stuck with the boring RAF one that no one recognises (which is o ky going to get worse when RAFAC officers stop westibg them).

Absolutely correct. There’s no obligation that you must switch over on the 3rd of July. Just that that is the earliest you can display it from.

Currently I’ve not seen a date by which you must have moved over.

2 Likes