New Formation Patch (TRF)

Apparently CCF ones are going via OC TEST, and they did complete a form indicating how many they needed, but haven’t got any yet. Still, I won’t be wearing uniform much (not no.3 anyway) before September now so there is still time…

2 Likes

Can I ask where this has come from or is it something you’ve put together?

As a note, VRT officers are not RAFAC so the RAF Air Cadets TRF isn’t relevant for them.

1 Like

Didn’t VR(T) commissions need regular extensions, and so many will have lapsed?

Entirely possible I’m talking out of my bum.

1 Like

From within our wg, as published guidance.

1 Like

Well la ti daaaa, arent you special.

We all know thats a formality and only kept on for cover from the MAA.

As Aef dies so will that privilege.

1 Like

We still need extensions of service every 5 years. In fact I’ve just extended for another 5.

1 Like

Not really. Blame the ones who put service complaints in for the smallest things for the changeover to the CFC for that one.

Eventually VRT will be absorbed into the VR, we’ve already been told that. I can’t see AEFs going any time soon. The aircraft, yes as they are 20 odd years old, but we’ll just get a new one or they’ll do an upgrade on the Tutor.

That makes sense as, otherwise, the only remainig part of the RAFVR would be UASs and, with the transition to professions, continuing to have a ‘training branch’ would be anomalous.

This might be an interesting FOIA RAFAC TRF --> Phallic design feature - a Freedom of Information request to Air Cadet Organisation - WhatDoTheyKnow

Phallic Design Feature???. It’s a tail feather. Honestly some people…….

And what a feather!

2 Likes

Worn to the exact standards described in ACP 1358, my Dickie Bird hides under the rolled up sleeve anyhow…

2 Likes

I found it odd that the badge is described as an eagle in RAF colours

Everyone knows the ATC bird is a Phalcon.

1 Like

Could be a Snake Eagle…

1 Like

Its certainly a one eyed snake…eagle…

With its head turned that is.

1 Like

There’s something happening here:

What it is ain’t exactly clear…

I know! It’s all central! That’s definitely it. Nothing else is different.

2 Likes

That really does look like the Green Frog ones :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I appreciate that on page 153 of the new ACP1358 version it has the Green Frog version of the patch yet the photo of the blanking patch on page 155 is the issued version

2 Likes

So what I’m going with now is that the original design is as per 153, and the cheapest source is 155 and is what was ultimately ordered and issued without a quality and sanity check against the original design…

Because they didn’t care about quality or whether or not it matched the design.

3 Likes

You must be new to the MOD

2 Likes