New Formation Patch (TRF)

I’m just not putting them on my barrack shirt until I can get some more, don’t have any yet!

1 Like

If the org was really bothered by how I looked in No.3s, they’d issue them to me.

Until they do, I’m wearing them in the way that best suits my usage.

5 Likes

Which is why I wear my chip hat with as much as an angle as physically possible.

2 Likes

I doubt even the sharpest eyed WO would be able to tell which TRF I am wearing when properly cammed up in an OP or playing enemy.

Come to think of it, I’ve always wanted a ghillie suit

1 Like

Youve not met me :wink:

3 Likes

Although if it gets to a WOs attention you’ve done something wrong…

Exactly, you always run diversions against WOs!

You just need a “sacrificial cadet” who has deliberately bad uniform/drill. That’ll keep them occupied for ages

1 Like

I can do that myself

2 Likes

Me too…

As a caveat, my uni supervisor is an ex techie WO… To say he’s unimpressed is an understatement…

1 Like

Patches on Velcro used to be common before blanking plates were a thing.

I’m told the original concept was to take the blanking plates off and put the patches onto the Velcro. In transition to war you would then remove the patches and replace the blanking plate to avoid having a big green patch that isn’t very camouflaged. Apparently, this is why they’re called blanking plates rather than badging plates.

4 Likes

What is wrong with you :joy:

1 Like

My missus asks me the same question every day.

Fortunately I’m actually half decent at my job… So management turn a bit of an eye I think…

1 Like

Ill mention it to the new SWO in August

1 Like

I’m a decent technical NCO, just a terrible appendix 27 NCO.

Nah you just didn’t see me, not even the sunlight glinting off my BFA :innocent:

1 Like

Here i am thinking you’re sone run of the mill NCO at Odiham and it turns out your clearly SAS from that photo :wink:

I do make an effort of looking as un-military as possible when I’m out and about.

2 Likes

The things kids try to get away with these days

1 Like

Yeah he’s a steward on the Scandinavian Airline

1 Like