New Formation Patch (TRF)

Or Cock Robin?

1 Like

CoC’s reaction to seeing all the comments…
cock-it-load-it

3 Likes

Proud peacock?

Tony?

On a more sensible note (sorry) - WO RAFAC has stated she expects there to be a transition period for switch over (although this doesn’t appear to be confirmed) and that it would run to no later than the end of July as “all the badges have been disseminated”

It’s now gone midday on the Friday before the Monday of implementation, so I’d be surprised if we gained any further information before the supposed go live.

1 Like

you must be new here

policy is best distributed by scheduling release at 16:01 on Friday, ideally the Friday prior to the policy going live

6 Likes

And a bank holiday the following Monday.

3 Likes

I had assumed there might be an update on the TRF added to this weeks newletter, but alas just had a read through and there’s no mention of the TRF.

I admire the optimism of thinking anyone in a military setting is working past 1200 on a Friday without breaking out into a panic attack.

1 Like

Who said they are working??

I did say a scheduled release - could have been set up at 10:00 on Monday for the Friday release and by choosing 16:01 definitely makes sure no one is left in the office for even the most keen CFAV to call up at 16:03 to ask a question in the hope of getting someone to pick up at the other end!

Very sensible - save it til next week when they will know for definite that the badge is going ahead & it’s not being postponed due to “a minor quality issue identified at short notice”

2 Likes

Yep, could still be postponed at 1130 on Monday!

1 Like

Provided it’s not too warm. Or cold. Or windy.

Reckon the updated senior officers one will be added to the logs update…?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CuILyvMNsJU/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

I can’t speak for the Feds but the RAF Regiment are a Corps within the Royal Air Force. There was talk back in the 80’s of us even being given the crossed rifles and astral crown as our Corps badge that would be worn on headdress.

2 Likes

I read that wrong then - and for “us” I read RAFAC. I thought well that would annoy the Regiment, that’s their badge.

Just issued the first batch of cadets with their new TRFs…

…but as we acquired the MTP from various sources, most do not have blanking plates…

Goodbye to the Trapezoidal Recognition Flash…

4 Likes

And hello to the male eagle :grinning:

2 Likes

He’s called Dickie!

7 Likes

So Commandant confirming we can now wear Wing/Sqn identifiers on the other blanking patch too?!

There’s been no update to ACP1358 to bring in the new patch yet. Will this also be added in the new policy I wonder? :thinking:

6 Likes