New Formation Patch (TRF)

We are. And the RAF wear them now too.

The ACP is badly worded, saying they are not authorised for issue by the RAF (IIRC) not that they can’t be worn.

UBACs, on the other hand…

Yeah it says they’re not authorised for issue, but their wearing is permitted (tolerated) because greens are private purchase items.

Thanks, i thought it had become more nuanced.

So my question about the Royal Air Force badge may be even more pertinent, do we remove those now? It seems odd that we should be taking off the flash that tied us to the RAF, but still be able to wear a badge that literally states we are the RAF?

What like the cap badge?

3 Likes

That would be out of line with the other CFs (well the ACF anyway) who wear the regimental cap badge but the ACF TFR (in fact some wear the ACF TRF and the regimental one but only on the shirt/jacket not the smock)

They also wear the ACF stable belt, not that of their sponsoring regiment/corps.

Maybe we should adopt the old ROC stable belt as a RAFAC one?

2 Likes

Fair.

Ones round me wear regimental stable belts

3 Likes

It’s always struck me as odd that the RAF Regiment and RAF Police have distinctive belt buckles for their stable belts, despite being part of the RAF, while RAuxAF and RAFAC do not.

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen the ACF one in the wild, only ever see them wearing the regimental ones.

1 Like

Don’t think I’ve ever seen a generic ACF one, but plenty of County-specific ones. I remember local RA badges ACF dets being presented with RA TRFs by our Bty Commander as a sign of our sponsorship of them, but I think they had a patch representing their ACF County (Yorkshire North & West, if I recall) on the left in lieu of a brigade patch.

That’s the Sussex flag :slight_smile:

1 Like

ACF and CCF wear their regimental or Corps stable belts.
Technically I suppose I could wear a CCF stable belt with RAF cap badge.

Is that the truth, but, YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH.

Which would tie in with what I said about County (as in the ACF unit somewhere between wing and region, sometimes happening to coincide with actual counties) patches.

1 Like

I’ve realised that the ACF cadets wouldn’t wear a TRF in the usual place anyhow; their right blanking plate is used the same as our brassard; to show off badges.

No reason CFAV wouldn’t/shouldn’t wear the ACF TRF though.

Again, they wear both

Does that still count in blues? Maybe need to invite a friendly WO down and see how high that would send their blood pressure. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

If it’s the CCF stable then it’s the old style side buckle so you can wear it for fieldcraft with no H&S risks.

1 Like

They do