National Townhalls

Willow, can you message me to discuss.

I dont care about CoC, im here for cadet delivery.

plus i have regular discussions with people who can effect change within SW.

3 Likes

And, if people arent happy…

I just play rock, paper, scissors, rank slide with them…

This is disappointing, and indicates that the Wing Commander needs to grow some… ahem… Drink a courage potion and remove the office holder from their post. We can’t blame everything on paid staff, CFAVs can be more damaging to the cadet experience through laziness than senior paid officers.

2 Likes

Recording + transcript of first Town Hall.

1 Like

Just throwing in there (& because I know this thread will have its lurkers)

Currently the town halls are due to go every two weeks with the last two on a Thursday.

I might with alternating between Tuesdays & Thursdays so you get the maximum exposure as some people may have have outside of cadet events that regular clash?

1 Like

As some sqns that drill on Thursdays might also drill on Tuesdays, I’d suggest rolling the town halls through different weeknights from Monday to Thursday (I think it’s a safe bet no one would want Fridays).

1 Like

That’s a good shout but I would avoid Mondays due to bank holidays and/or the Monday chaos after the weekend.

Perhaps just the three mid week days?

2 Likes

I think the weekly brief did talk about setting up some of the town halls on different days.

2 Likes

Good point about Mondays, but rolling between Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays should be inclusive enough (unless there’s sqns drilling on three subsequent nights a week).

I know quite a few units that do Tuesday/Thursday!

Sorry, I meant Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (edited earlier post to clarify).

1 Like

I have known squadrons which parade on Fridays, and others that parade more than two nights a week, but I think you’re right in that Tue, Wed, Thu would probably be the most inclusive. I don’t think Mondays would be much of an issue, you’d just have to remember to skip the bank holidays.

1 Like

Have they set the date yet for the next “town hall”?

Standby…I’ll find out but fortnightly TFN. Make use of them and don’t leave questions ‘un-asked’.

3 Likes

Monday’s weekly brief said

The date/time of the next session will be published later this week via SharePoint announcements.

2 Likes

Thurs 22 Aug. More details to follow and, noting it is the summer period, subject to slight change.

5 Likes

Invite just gone out to all now

1 Like

Interesting, nothing received here.

2 Likes

Well you’re SW, right? Your emails are on pause.

3 Likes

I see what you did there.

Also nothing here