My Muster by another Cluster

Oh yeah, oops. Somehow missed that I could actually see this email… It went to generic accounts too! Have also had a second email looking for marshalling volunteers.

That email also starts with “You will by now know of the planned national musted”. Like, yeah, I’ve known for about an hour. Cheers.

2 Likes

I’m technically LASER now and we’ve received nothing so assuming it’s ATC only.

You assume that they had the foresight to remember that CCF come under regions and the mail groups should be edited as such

1 Like

Don’t you both forget that the only email’s we’ve seen is two asking for staff to help at the event we should already know about, but actually know nothing about! :rofl:

3 Likes

Finding out about an event via ACC should be on the list because here I am. :rofl:

9 Likes

I received both emails, and then came on here for actual information about events that I’m ‘already aware of’.

6 Likes

To be fair to both people who sent out the email, they are probably working on the assumption that information has already been sent out by those further up the chain.

Fair play to both individuals for owning their respective areas and emailing out direct rather than relying on others to pass on their requests.

I did receive an email three/four weeks ago so the issues on Comms is probably down at wing level.

1 Like

I have no criticism for the two people who requested help today.

I have criticism for everyone that has known about this (3 regional commandants at least, regional aviation officers probably, wing commanders, anyone else not a mere mortal) who have elected not to tell people they’re planning a large scale event which is apparently to support cadets and who clearly haven’t learnt from the previous several events which over promise and under deliver as a routine.

11 Likes

Information is power and favoured ones can be tipped off long before a general announcement.

2 Likes

The big question now becomes:

Do I get my cadets to bid for this, and arrange staff and transport for the 2.5 hour journey to the station, given that last time, none of my cadets flew, and it was incredibly poorly organised. Based on what I’ve seen so far this is heading the same way…. So is it worth the effort to organise attendance again….

3 Likes

I’m on Pat leave, and glad to be out of the running already

3 Likes

I’m having the same debate. Not quite as far for me, but nothing will make me want to sit around an empty RAF station for 10 hours in the vague hope of getting 1/8th of my cadets airborne, whilst giving sycophants and people that get off on collecting salutes turn up for the first time in months.

5 Likes

Maybe there should be a whiff of rebellion in the air and all the Squadron based staff tell everyone from above squadron level, we’re all busy that weekend, you’ll have to staff it all instead. In your own time carry on!!

See how quick their attitudes change as now CFAVs can’t actually be instructed to volunteer, another result of the CFC.

3 Likes

I bet a lot of units are busy, if we’re only learning about it now.

4 Likes

Ahhhhh RAFAC communications…not very good is it, too many people trying to preserve empires by holding information until the last moment then demanding action.

3 Likes

Love your optimism. We have 0/10 fly last time

1 Like

I’ve given a technical view of the last one here.

I hate to see cadets not fly, but it’s genuinely a massive effort to get AC in the air for that long.

3 Likes

Plus on top of all of that, I’m pretty sure an aircraft went US from a bird-strike half way through the day last time too. Which obviously doesn’t help!

I’ve cleaned a few bird strikes…

Absolutely disgusting. And a genuine huge amount of paperwork and penalty maintenance to ensure it’s fit to fly.

Absolutely no way you’re getting cadets in there.

1 Like

And so speaks the voice of experience, something the RAFAC don’t recognise.

On another note hope the back is good.