My Muster by another Cluster

Which is precisely the issue.

These things will have been planned for months given the logistics that go in to it.

Why don’t they scale down the plans and make it more achievable? There is no way they will fly close to 2000 cadets on the day, let alone over it.

Aim for 1k and then make that happen. Stop promising the earth and delivering a pittance. Let us think the organisation is competent and put on a well run, well managed and well admined event. Learn from the 3 or 4 that have happened before and stop making the same mistakes.

9 Likes

Is that not Einstein’s comment, a definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

3 Likes

I honestly don’t know.
I don’t know who is making the calls or what resources they’re pulling it with.

We’ve had one line for the past two weeks and with our manning levels it’s been tight making it. Fortunately our management and aircrew are pretty decent about it. They don’t expect the impossible, because that’s what getting a second line will be.

The people making these calls I genuinely believe have the best of intentions, but they are either stupidly ignoring or have been given incorrect projections.

3 Likes

The thing is, they did a Muster when I was a cadet at, I think, Benson (might have been somewhere else, can’t remember) where they did fly something like 2k cadets. Split across Chinooks and Pumas.

Pretty awesome day out. Everyone who went flew. There was also not much standing around doing nothing. It was pretty well structured. This would have been maybe 2012/2013 ish. Can’t recall exactly.

Might well have been able to then…

2012 was a huge redundancy period for the services. And since then I’ve noticed it get slimmer and slimmer for workforce levels…

1 Like

So, one, a decade ago, with equipment that’s not now a decade older / a decade closer to out of service, organised by people who are no longer in their posts, and followed by several musters that have been utter tripe.

One swallow does not a summer make.

It’s simply not good enough.

If we were invited, we wouldn’t be going. I wouldn’t be advertising this to my cadets.

2 Likes

My point being is that these things can work, and have worked in the past. The problem seems to be the complete omnishambles of our organisation, and our parent organisation to boot.

I wouldn’t actually mind a massive 2k cadet event knowing that only 500 would fly. So long as: 1-It was made clear form the start that only 500 would fly. 2-It was a good engaging day with lots of other good interesting things for cadets to do. 3-Be planned properly and 4-Not turn into a clusterF on the day!

1 Like

I would love an event like this to work, but sadly I have so little trust in the ability of this organisation to actually deliver. . .

I’ve replied to both emails (no reply-all, sorry) asking who the PoC is . . .

1 Like

Well I had a reply, RC C&E is in charge with Senior Staff Officer C&E leading the event. They didn’t know which Regions were being allocated cadet places. :person_facepalming:

2 Likes

So they want staff to assist from anywhere but don’t know who’s going yet?!

Amazing. Truly special.

7 Likes

Something like that . . .

1 Like

I tell you what, this organisation never fails to produce new lows. This really is a true Cluster.

6 Likes

With the state of UK plc equipment, I doubt that’s currently the case.

Reply all…

…that is all…

6 Likes

Here we go, here come the reply alls.

6 Likes

Came here to say this.

Shall we take bets on how long before some super keen WSO in LASER hits reply all to tell people to stop replying all?

8 Likes

I wish someone would teach people how to use BCC in emails!

4 Likes

Aw, I’m missing out on the fun. Anybody willing to do a cheeky forward or 3?

2 Likes

Or just dont press reply all :sweat_smile:

It’s much easier (but obviously not easy) to teach the sub-set of people who need to send mass emails to use BCC than it is to teach every single CFAV how to use reply instead of reply-all :nerd_face: