My Muster by another Cluster

It’s that time again, (apparently)

There’s an apparently large muster in just over two months’ time, seemingly covering three regions, and it appears that the vast majority of us have only just learnt about it as a result of an email which is seeking FA cover for it, on the assumed basis that everyone is well aware of it.

So, let’s have another muster thread to cover the process! Which is clearly off to a great start!

Now, let’s be clear, we aren’t going to discuss the exact date in advance, or the location, it’s a basic security precaution for an event of this nature, and if anyone does do so. Please report it so we can remove such references.

11 Likes

The Muster Cluster Counter so far: 1

• Finding out about the event from an email that assumed everyone already knew…
10 Likes

Narrator:

“And yet, nobody knew”

6 Likes

Muster 23

8 Likes

Anybody got any spare 12x12 we can use?

2 Likes

Also, looks like there’s maybe two musters? I see HIOW have something on Sharepoint that mentions June, but there is a LaSER eRCI-011 application for May. Both the same station. (I won’t give exact date or location…)

1 Like

Well it’s off to a great start:

“As you are all aware that the MUSTER 2023 is taking place”

… we are?

Cluster at the Muster II: Rise of the Omnishambles

8 Likes

3 regions?

I’m in North, heard nothing.

2 Likes

2nd email ‘as you are aware’ of the day…nope not been told, made or aware or seen the stars align to know anything about it.

7 Likes

I think at this point we’re at:

Cluster at the Muster III: Twice is a coincidence; Three times is a pattern

7 Likes

Anyone tempted to reply all with “What Muster?”

I note that they haven’t bcc’d the distribution list so I assume there is potential for another Cyprus.

5 Likes

Yep. Another email from someone telling me I’m aware of it. Now claiming over 2k cadets will attend and fly and take part in “many, many activities” provided by both the RAF and RAFAC.

3 Likes

Have you got any more information about this muster please? And will there be cheese?

5 Likes

Well, haven’t had a single one of these emails, so at least we’re not involved in yet another shambles.

1 Like

This did kinda spring to mind as well…

1 Like

It is being sent to all members in certain wings, and then all region members despite those certain wings being included.

For example, the whole of Trent Wing is included, as is the whole of C&E. So is it just Trent, or all C&E invited?

And Trent is probably 2-3 hours away from the location, as is Essex who are also apparently invited.

2 Likes

Surely that means most of LaSER must be?.. Normally they break these down by region anyway!

1 Like

All of laser are included in the email too.

1 Like

Shame the budget wouldnt allow for SNI to be involved… Nothing like that up here since 2-3 years pre covid. Shame really, when you look at how varied oppurtunities are

1 Like

4 Likes