MTP-PCS - how soon will you be adopting it? - conclusions on the voting now available (page 4)

blancoed??

[wildly off topic]
Webbing should be used on all occasions it is available for use. thus if available for L98 lessons and LF then carry on, however neither training nor shooting should be prevented from the lack of webbing availability
[/off topic]

[quote=“tango_lima” post=12325][quote=“ddr61” post=12323]I prefer DPM to MTP in terms of smartness
[/quote]

Maybe I’m the weird one, but I just don’t get this… what makes one arrangement of earth toned blobs smarter than another arrangement of earth toned blobs?

Anyway, as I said somewhere else, I for one will be sticking to Battle Dress, thank you. Quick question, does 37 Pattern webbing need to be blancoed for the range or just SAA lessons?[/quote]I assume that when people say this I think that it’s the difference between CS95 and PCS that affect smartness, I have to say that I’d prefer to wear the MTP CS95 over the MTP PCS for general ‘barrack wear’ stuff.

It is a simple personal viewpoint

MTP , in my personal view, looks a bit washed out even when brand new. DPM looks Crisp.

This is not an observation on combat effectivness - just the asthetic appearance.

…and its just my opinion. If you dont agree then ignore it :slight_smile:

Of course! Would you be wearing blue battledress? If so, the white blanco looks best, but if you’ve got khaki, then it has to be khaki blanco (if that makes sense). I reckon white webbing with blue BD for SAA lessons, and khaki for use on the range. You could go with white webbing with khaki BD if you had visiting VIPs
:slight_smile:

Blancoed is a place in Wales, isn’t it :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“zinggy” post=12312]So what do you wear when the Cadets are wearing it?? if they have to fork out for it so sould staff.

I am a firm beliver that if cadets have to wear something dont mattaer if its greens or wedgewoods with a tie so should the staff[/quote]
Cadets don’t have to wear “DPM” for anything, we didn’t have it when I was a cadet in the 70s/80s and we did a lot more shooting, which is the main activity for wearing DPM in the modern era and some FMS type stuff. The availability through surplus market stalls/shops and gash bins in clothing stores, has meant we have invented excuses to wear ‘DPM’, rather than have a need.

[quote=“glass half empty 2” post=12353][quote=“zinggy” post=12312]So what do you wear when the Cadets are wearing it?? if they have to fork out for it so sould staff.

I am a firm beliver that if cadets have to wear something dont mattaer if its greens or wedgewoods with a tie so should the staff[/quote]
Cadets don’t have to wear “DPM” for anything, we didn’t have it when I was a cadet in the 70s/80s and we did a lot more shooting, which is the main activity for wearing DPM in the modern era and some FMS type stuff. The availability through surplus market stalls/shops and gash bins in clothing stores, has meant we have invented excuses to wear ‘DPM’, rather than have a need.[/quote]

I would have to disagree what about fieldcraft it would be pointless doing that unless in greens.

Shooting well if its No8 shooting on an indoor range then working blues are fine but when you get to the bigger weapons on an out door range I would say greens again are the way forward.

However saying all that if a Cadet gets told they have to wear green for something as far as they know they have to they wont argue.

The point I was trying to make is that plenty of staff will turn up in blues when the cadets are in greens or even worse when the cadets are in wedgewoods with a tie on the staff will wear a short sleeve shirt if the cadets are wearing it so should the staff its only fair.

…its down the road from Pontypandy

they do if they want to attend a training event/exercise on DTE Land, and they do if they want to shoot on any Army range and most, if not all RAF ranges. thats standing orders, no DPM/MTP? no shooting or training, end of subject.

they need to wear it for JL and various other courses within the ACO.

saying cadets don’t need a DPM/MTP/whatever uniform is just factually incorrect.

Back in the olden days…
We wore battle dress for just about everything.For ‘Fieldcraft’ we had overalls

I would say that being banned from activities for not having some sort of DPM is unreasonable. Not every unit can supply DPM and not every cadet can afford to splash out. It strikes of elitism.

I would argue that every unit should be able to source CS95 in the current climate - or they should be pushing their WExOs to gain access to stocks being disposed of by the regular forces. Our wing is inundated by CS95 at the moment - boxes and boxes of it knocking around because our WExO has used some initiative and asked for it…just saying is all.

[quote=“ddr61” post=12414]Back in the olden days…

I would say that being banned from activities for not having some sort of DPM is unreasonable. Not every unit can supply DPM and not every cadet can afford to splash out. It strikes of elitism.[/quote]

This is not the olden days and we dont have a battle dress…

…its down the road from Pontypandy[/quote]

There is a place called Pontypandy, It is a new housing developnent near the Asda in Caerphilly.

[quote=“zinggy” post=12420][quote=“ddr61” post=12414]Back in the olden days…

I would say that being banned from activities for not having some sort of DPM is unreasonable. Not every unit can supply DPM and not every cadet can afford to splash out. It strikes of elitism.[/quote]

This is not the olden days and we dont have a battle dress…[/quote]

Thank you for making that amazing observation ! I really though we were still in ths 70’s :wink:

…its down the road from Pontypandy[/quote]

There is a place called Pontypandy, It is a new housing developnent near the Asda in Caerphilly.[/quote]

Didn’t know that :cheer: I shall go there one day :wink:

Our squadron is in a similar situation to xab, we have loads of CS95, have been offered more by the army cadets as they are going to get their issued MTP soon and have been filling the stores with MTP for a while. Problem is we are already moving in to MTP so we will have a stack of CS95 doing nothing.

IMO you should issue your CS95 stock and then when that runs out issue MTP to your new cadets. Eventually everyone will be in it. But there is no need to waste serviceable stock held by units or individuals.

Or offer it up to units that haven’t got any!

I issue it out, much like blues, I have the stock to do that with. But i’m not elitist with it! If a neighbouring unit is struggling to kit out a cadet or group of cadets, it takes a phone call or email, and i supply what i can.

well i thought after starting up the poll i would offer my feedback and conclusions

[size=5]The results are in!!
[/size]
after just under a month’s worth of voting, 71 members have voted and can now offer the following breakdown.

Based on the Wing i am in:
with ~260 staff listed, 120 are in a uniformed post

we can expect

32 Staff to be buying MTP PCS asap (if they haven’t already!)
60 Staff will adopt it as and when it comes through the supply chain
29 Staff will maintain CS95 DPM until the bitter end (it wears out/is banned)

in terms of Squadron level that is

1 x Staff member ASAP
2 x Staff members as and when
1 x Staff member will hold out

these results are obviously not very scientific, the poll taken on an internet forum, mainly visited i predict by Staff <40 yrs of age*, by those Staff who like keep their finger on the pulse of change in the ACO through these boards and happy to offer an opinion on most subjects, and a Wing which i understand to be far better staffed than some, is not representative of the Corps as a whole

That said, based on what I have seen on Facebook/Sqn webpages and talking to others these results do hold some water.
On the Sqns I know well enough I would say that there is one Staff member likely to purchase MTP PCS, and equally another who will hold out in CS95 for as long as possible, while the rest aren’t bothered.

I would like to add I am pleased with these “results” which shows for every person wanting to change there is another opposing that – this I believe will help keep the Cadet’s opinions grounded.

The bias (49%) of votes showing an “as and when approach” is welcoming as it avoids Cadets feeling “under pressure” to transfer from CS95 at private expense and I believe as a whole shows the correct and balanced approach.
Although I have indicated in the MTP thread for my preference for CS95 (which I know would never be a sustainable long term solution) I believe these results are encouraging.
For those Cadets uber keen to wear MTP PCS there is a chance they’ll have a Staff member doing the same and act as a measuring stick of how to wear it.
At the same time, those Cadets who choose to stay in CS95 for as long as possible are likely to be supported by a Staff member on their Sqn doing the same.

*has there been a “census” taken of ACC members?