MTP-PCS - how soon will you be adopting it? - conclusions on the voting now available (page 4)

As above, although as the options limit the description (mods why is this?) i offer further detail below

1 - you’ve got your order in and are waiting for the postman to walk up the garden path

2 - you’re in no rush by will be picking up the kit as it comes available and will convert over once you’ve got adequate kit

3 - you’re happy in CS95 and will hold out for as long as possible, until your CS95 become unserviceable/the regs change indicating CS95 is forbidden

no need to justify your opinion, the voting is anonymous after all…discussions should be reserved for the MTP thread

Option 4 - you’re in no rush by will be picking up the kit as it comes available and will continue to wear CS95 until unfit for purpose or Dress Regs changed.

One day may be CS95 then MTP, then its all washed so back to CS95

Option 5 - you have been scrounging it for ages and have been squirreling it away in your Stores in anticipation of the change - not in a fevered way but as and when it comes your way through the Clothing Stores bins!

[quote=“themajor” post=11952]Option 4 - you’re in no rush by will be picking up the kit as it comes available and will continue to wear CS95 until unfit for purpose or Dress Regs changed.

One day may be CS95 then MTP, then its all washed so back to CS95[/quote]

Sorry but I can’t resist… aren’t you going for option 6 - currently a CI and not allowed to wear any kind of CS95/MTP uniform, but when you are I’m sure you’ll aquire some MTP…

:wink:

Option 7 - you’ve had a full set for years that you use for airsoft and are now rubbing your hands in glee that you can wear it at the squadron too.

Or you’ve blogged enough from your local ACF/CCF/TA unit etc

It will be one of two things:

1. If my CS95 finally gets too shabby then I might buy some

or much more likely:

1. When a tame SI acquires me a new set.

surely that is just option 3? until unfit for purpose/regs change?

[quote=“Perry Mason” post=11957][quote=“themajor” post=11952]Option 4 - you’re in no rush by will be picking up the kit as it comes available and will continue to wear CS95 until unfit for purpose or Dress Regs changed.

One day may be CS95 then MTP, then its all washed so back to CS95[/quote]

Sorry but I can’t resist… aren’t you going for option 6 - currently a CI and not allowed to wear any kind of CS95/MTP uniform, but when you are I’m sure you’ll aquire some MTP…

;)[/quote]

Option 8 undervalued in the ACO so transferring to ACF who will issue me a full set of MTP PCS…

surely that is just option 3? until unfit for purpose/regs change?[/quote]

Its a mixture of 2 & 3 with a period of wearing both, but only as full suits

If you think you’re undervalued as a CI just wait til you’re in uniform…

Some of us are over-valued and barely get a moment’s peace!
:wink:

If you got a set just wear it. :slight_smile:

Well I wont be buying any ever!! if they want me to wear it then give it to me :stuck_out_tongue: I have better things to spend my money on…

I’ve been using MTP for airsofting for a while now and im ready to start wearing it at my squadron but my CO won’t let me

:ohmy: Thats for the CO not letting you as for wearing it for Airsofting I wont say anything :stuck_out_tongue:

:ohmy: Thats for the CO not letting you as for wearing it for Airsofting I wont say anything :P[/quote]Well, it had to happen - wonder how many other OCs are making up their own dress regs?

Lots of them to maintain “uniformity” I’m sure!

I told one of my Cdt FSs they couldn’t wear it at the next Sqn night because they came and asked me if they were allowed to! If they’d simply rocked up in it in lieu of DPMs I’d have had no problems. Can’t beat a bit of banter!!

:evil:

Lots of them to maintain “uniformity” I’m sure!

I told one of my Cdt FSs they couldn’t wear it at the next Sqn night because they came and asked me if they were allowed to! If they’d simply rocked up in it in lieu of DPMs I’d have had no problems. Can’t beat a bit of banter!!

:evil:[/quote]

Thats the kind of thing id do! :lol:

Well as soon as its in the AP CO’s wont really have a leg to stand on if it says you can in the AP you can unless of course it states the CO has the call on it

Lots of them to maintain “uniformity” I’m sure![/quote]

Seen it already!

Sqn Cdr - ‘my cadets can wear it, but when we go to any event, everyone must be the same’.
WSO - ‘everyone doing activities must wear the same’.

So, some cadets, most likely the new ones as they won’t bother buying CS95, are effectively going to be banned from activities, just because they’ve got the new kit.

Probably not the effect HQAC had intended.