Mandatory Training CFAV and Cadets

Yes, precisely my point - if it is going to be something that is auditable, we need to think differently.

For instance, I can add my own WHT on any WS listed which may or may not be true and I can say that someone else conducted that test and the system doesn’t stop me.

In a perfect world, this approach would be great - but I think we are all realistic enough to know we do not live in such a place.

So we are going to have to build something with a little more vigour - but strike a balance between trust and reality. Which is quite hard.

2 Likes

Having a “play” with some of the modules, saves me gardening! :wink:

However, Climatic Injusries (sic - please can someone correct the spelling for my OCD!) DVD - it dumped out as soon as I selected the first clip :

From the MyCourse page, the resume option isn’t available, when when trying the module again, nothing doing, after the Launch page it goes back to the screen as above, no DVD contents available either:

Any clues please? Any known issues with this module? Using Chrome browser, hasn’t been a problem with Ultilearn previously (or different e-learning from my company).

To get the videos to play, I had to right-click and save them. The open then in your video player of choice.

To record the result, you have to click next > next> finish as circled in the image.

However you don’t have to actually watch the video to do so - further highlighting the exercise in futility.

Once you have done it, it will pull through in the “Ultilearn qualifications” section on your SMS record - complete with spelling error.

Ta - I can’t even get back to the Course Content which might be an issue!!

Worse case, will see if I can delete from MyCourses, then re-register.

EDIT - nope, no change to situation. Can’t even delete it, only archive.

As is the case with H&S & Fire training packages, making it a real tick box exercise where all 3 can be done in ~10 mins

I don’t see why, for WHTs this should not remain the case, as an RCO i can use SMS to assist with my planned activity, but will still review all WHTs for all Range Participants on the day, and if they don’t have their 7257 with them, they have no proof of currency and therefore will need to be tested prior to undertaking any duties that require them to be current.

The majority of qualifications that we record have supporting documentary proof and could therefore be uploaded as a pending qual until they receive that and upload at which time it can be approved. There would need to be a system of trust for the pending quals, you could be using your FA qualification the weekend after the course while still waiting for the certificate.

Approval workflow could sit with unit OCs / WSCs / WEXO, if using WSC you’d need to allocate units to them within SMS.

EDIT: We should also allow SMEs to upload quals directly as approved, something to also consider from the Event IC off the back of a qualification course as recorded on SMS.

This is slightly off topic, but years ago I suggested that a database of all the people who can do WHTs be maintained on SMS. That way when we as sqn staff add them, we can search based on their number and not have to read the tint scrawl someone uses. This could be maintained by HQAC and it improves the data integrity, rather like on Dynamics 365.

4 Likes

My responsible for Information - General User qual just ran out so I just went to redo the course but there’s no option to allow me to do this…does anyone have any advice?

Contact your wing Bader poc

Isn’t there a new 2020 version for that one? I’ve lost track of which are old and which have new versions…

Correct.

This seems the most recent thread about this so worth being aware of this issue Ultilearn Courses Update

This is a long term ongoing issue and even as a POC I stumbled across this update :frowning: I don’t think the fix was deployed though, however I have the following questions that I can’t get an answer too and have now pushed for my OC Wg to raise with the RC along with getting a meaningful update.

• Should we continue to complete eLearning Courses or wait for the update to be deployed?
• If we complete a course that fails to correctly record, with the update resolve this or will I need to repeat the course?
• How can Sqn OCs provide assurance to the RC that all Staff have completed their Mandatory Training while these courses fail to correctly record in Ultilearn and therefore on SMS?

1 Like

This… There is no assurance requesting screenshots for thousands of staff to prove isn’t sustainable and fault proof.

Fairly sure this isn’t taking reasonable measures to provide due diligience either… Reasonable measures would be fixing it so it works properly

It’s worse than that. I can’t pull off a report of courses taken by staff. I can for cadets and cadet exams but if I want to see if a staff member has done a course I have to check each SMS record individually then work out what that random combination of percentage, status and completion wording means. How can someone have 100% satisfied incomplete?

1 Like

Helpful update from Team Bader on current known Ultilearn issues - Ultilearn / SMS Qualification Recording Issues

Hey, got some Mandatory Training yet to complete but Ultilearn has been down for the last couple of days. Everytime i attempt to visit learning.bader.mod.uk as usual, it redirects to the Bader landing site. Does anyone know when Ultilearn should be back up as with all it’s issues and now this it is getting really quite annoying now…

This is part of the bader outage that started on Thursday.

99% sure the email comms went to personal accounts

They were spammed to both role and personal.

Or at least, they were to me!

Informing staff is all well and good but staff cadets need to do mandatory training too… A notification on Cadet Portal at least would’ve been helpful. Anyone have any guesses on when Ultilearn will be back up?

Fyi… I got nothing

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Its never been ‘up’.

More a sack of crud on constant life support.

Even in its ‘hay day’ it wasnt anything to shout about. Its a product of the early to mid 90s dragged out and sold to us in mid 2000s.

When LEARN comes out, i will be so pleased.
Literally, in every sense of the word will be having a party when it does.

1 Like