Mandatory Training CFAV and Cadets

Couldn’t agree more tbf! but either way, i have much mandatory training to do and not massively long to do it, so hopefully it’ll be “up” soon…

Not being funny but as a potential staff cadet you have 6 months to do this, from 17.6 to 18.

It’s also not massively loads;
Fire & H&S are next next finish, you don’t even have to download the PowerPoint files to “pass”.

ACTO 10 is 30-45 mins
Safeguarding is 45 mins
Security is 30 mins
Responsible for Information 45 mins

As an OC I’d allocate time to complete this during a parade night and a half.

I think he was refering to the fact that their ultilearn doesnt work and so no long to do it before turning 18 vs LEARN coming in.

Not the actual time needed to do 5 or 6 modules.

1 Like

Looks like someone reads the materials rather than just pressing next and using common sense on the answers

4 Likes

And taking pictures of the right answers on your phone just in case you fail the assessment?..asking for a friend?

2 Likes

Yep Paracetamol is right, but I also need to complete all the online training and finish the AVIP workbook BEFORE the closing date for bids for AVIP to have the bid confirmed, and there’s only one available in that 6 month window that I can see, so that 6 months very quickly reduces to about 6 weeks in practice. Throw in A-Levels kicking off in under 2 months and you begin to see why I’d rather get the staff cadet process sorted asap, so the sooner LEARN is up or Ultilearn gets the power switched on again, the better…

1 Like

I’ve been learning that some wings have been running the consolidation days as virtual and sharing dates across wings. Might be an option if your wing is not putting out enough courses.

That’s certainly how it’s being run in LaSER - each wing takes it in turn to run an AVIP which is open to the whole region.

2 Likes

So much common sense there!

5 Likes

ACTO 99 Has this laid down???

I think the issue was how to conduct Mandatory Training when so much of the training courses are based on Ultilearn . . .

1 Like

The original question was:

Can someone provide me what Mandatory Training CFAV need to complete and how long until it needs to be competed again.

I can’t find anything on share point with a list of mandatory training for CFAV unless someone can provide a link?

yes, back in 2019 . . .

You are correct, but seen as no one could state the authoritative document and many had never even heard of such a document it was a sensible idea for someone to supply the document number…even if it is almost 2 and a half years late?!

ACTO 099 was only published in March 2020, hense why noone could answer it back then.

and yet even when it was released, no one has shared it.

Sorry what?

Its on SHAREpoint.
It has litteraly been shared.

ACTO 99 has been mentioned many times in this thread before, according to the search results anyway.

There was also an entirely separate thread when ACTO 99 was released.

3 Likes

Noticed in an update to ACP4 that the requirement for Safeguarding eLearning has changed slightly.

For all RAFAC personnel (staff, CFAV, CIs, CGIs, SIs, Chaplains, CCF(RAF) and Staff Cadets): completion of the Safeguarding Awareness Induction Training e-learning package which forms the Level 1 safeguarding training requirement. When completing this elearning as part of the AVIP, the Level 1 training complements the face-to-face safeguarding consolidation on the AVIP briefing day. Note that the safeguarding element of the training must be successfully completed within 3-months of appointment and prior to attendance at sqn-based activities or before any contact with cadets.

Note that completion is not prior to contact with cadets, which makes complete sense, but this is obviously eLearning Module 1 to complete on Night 1 if not complete during the application process.

2 Likes