King Charles III ... what now?

Some of us never left… :wink:

But I might actually go out of my way and source brass “queen’s crown” buttons for my jacket now though :thinking: the commitment to not being completely correct is something I take seriously.

7 Likes

Remember the Bernard Montgomery rules for uniform in 8th army, wear what you want and how you want, but no top hats.

3 Likes

I prefer the Digby Tatham-Warter approach.

Hmmm…wonder if they do blue/MTP mankinis…

2 Likes

Back to the crown’s fiasco…

I’ve seen two versions of this on GBNews… So whole bloody knows at this point.

Bottom one is Scottish and for use in Scotland…

3 Likes

There’s no fiasco yet. I’m waiting until there’s official word. Too much speculation.

1 Like

That’s your first mistake.

11 Likes

Well aware.

It’s a bit of a mess and I’m pretty clueless in this regard. Nothing like reposting “fake news” though :wink:

To be fair the Sky link you shared mentions in the main body that a Scottish version of the cypher featuring the Scottish crown has been approved but the picture itself is described on its own, not as the Scottish version as the BBC link does, but that ‘The cypher has also been designed as a black and white image’

How long before we see the first CWO sporting a new rank slide? Odds on it happening before any rules changes? (And sadly I think I know which branch of RAFAC it will be)

6 Likes

Ahhh… But for the truly ally look, you need to rub it down a bit…

I liked my brass badge. I was always disappointed that I never could find a brass WO beret badge.

3 Likes

Get yourself demoted.

You could always become the senior wing flight sergeant…

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve never really thought about it before, but it looks like the Royal Regiment of Scotland use the Scottish crown for their cap badges but the usual one for rank insignia. The more you know.

We’ve had ours for quite a while now. Well, a couple of weeks.

I’ve got one you can have if you want ?

2 Likes

The change has started

3 Likes

Is that official now or just a supplier getting ahead of the game like combat logos

2 Likes