IBN 013 - 2021: 3822A & 3822H

Stupid question… would a parent of a child without an “Education, Health and Care Plan” know what an “Education, Health and Care Plan” was, and whether their child had one?

2 Likes

I would assume that most parents have a plan around there child’s education, health and care.

But that’s just me :man_shrugging: I’ve certainly never heard of one.

1 Like

From working with them that sounds about right. Army legal service are even worse.

6 Likes

If they had a formal plan in place the parents would know about it.

1 Like

Reading the comments above… I think we all can agree that these forms and the IBN are at BETA test stage AT BEST…

This feels rushed and unprepared. Am i shocked. No.
Am I disapointed. YES very much, as I thought things were improving in this regards.

4 Likes

Just going to be great when they have to fix all the mistakes and get parents to re-sign them again…

1 Like

That would be an unacceptable level of BS.

I’m joking but also could see it happening. Now had time to flick through it briefly. It also doesn’t have a control/version number on it so editing it could be a pain…

I’m guessing from a legal perspective they could change minor spelling things and not cause any issues?

Also on another matter, is there going to be a guidance sheet for those cadets/parents that don’t follow the norm and tick ‘No’ to things that 99.9% or people tick yes to? Or just tell the wexo and let them screw it up deal with it?

1 Like

It’s a good question.

We’re to be inclusive, so what do we do with a cadet who’s parent has not given consent to participation in low risk to life activities?

1 Like

I guess, show them the door??

Completly pointless question asking about low risk stuff… if someone says no to that then that’s it they surely cant join? :man_shrugging:

Does it not say on the form that if you tick no a TG21 will be issued for all events? Or is that another box?

2 Likes

Really… hadn’t noticed that gold mine…

So if someone ticks no… we as Sqn staff need to remember that ALWAYS and issue tg22 forms…

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Yup. Hopefully this will interface nicely with SMS and those cadets who have no ticked there will have a flag to check for TG 21s. @james_elliott please :sweat_smile:

Or… heres a thought… we make it easy on ourselves and just have a national policy of ‘if a parent is stupid enough to say no to low level risk then the kid can’t join’.

That seems simple and avoids further admin hassle.

#adminreductionparacetamolstyle

I would say there is no need for us to issue them a form. They can access the TG21 themselves, if they don’t do a form, don’t turn up

1 Like

Is it just me or is this new 3822A roll out rushed, poorly implemented and dependent on far too much volunteer effort that we don’t have time for?

There are 4 months to gather new forms, but CFAV get 48 hours’ notice before the email to parents. Why not give us more notice to communicate to parents and plan the work needed?

The parents get an electronic form to complete, but this just generates a PDF to email to the OC rather than interfacing into SMS. Direct capture into SMS would save hundreds of hours of CFAV effort.

CFAVs will need to manually cross check each form against the cadet’s SMS record then upload the electronic version. Yet more CFAV time wasted on processing paperwork to work around a badly implemented solution.

My guesstimate is 20-30 min per cadet. That’s 10,000+ hours of volunteer time wasted on manually processing what should be automated. Or another way, over 1200 working days of cadet activities that won’t happen.

4 Likes

They don’t care. Simple as.

It’s a legal tick box exercise and to hell with the volunteer.

1 Like

That is the only conclusion that I come to as well. Might finally be time to stop fighting on through the BS and find another hobby after 20+ years. Sorry cadets, you’ll miss out :frowning_face:

1 Like

It has been a seemingly ok idea, but exceptionally rushed, poorly managed and poorly executed.

Sadly, it looks as though no one with current Sqn OC experience has been asked to input.

Back to the old ways of HQAC not listening and saying to hell with the volunteers.

I’m not going to mince my words on this as its shambolic.