IBN 013 - 2021: 3822A & 3822H

And the official guidance notes explaining this so can answer staff and parent questions is where…?

Yep stupid form.

Having read the IBN and seen the 48 hours notice before parents get an email and the admin tsunami starts, I don’t know whether to scream or just go NEP now and come back in a year.

2 Likes

I’m a bit surprised to discover that we are asking parents to give their blanket consent for their child to be transported in the private cars of other parents.

I consent to my child being transported to, from and during RAF Air Cadets events and activities by contracted services such as coaches or minibuses and Squadron owned or private vehicles driven by Cadet Forces Adult Volunteers, Parents of other cadets, Permanent Staff or Staff Cadets (aged over 18 years)

When Mam or Dad drops little Johnny Smith at the Sqn - into our care - and then we let Little Johnny travel in the car with Mrs Bloggs - a random parent - how do we satisfy ourselves that Mrs Bloggs: has a licence, has insurance, isn’t on crack cocaine, isn’t a child molester, &c?..
What are the legal implications for the average CFAV in this regard?

1 Like

Adding parents/careers into that consent part is abhorrent imo. Completely out of scope.

2 Likes

All stocks of blank/unused previous versions of the RAFAC F3822A held at DF/Sqn/Wg and Region HQs are to be destroyed and recycled.

Of course, there are no previous versions of the RAFAC F3822A as that form has only just been published. :joy:
/Pedantic

2 Likes

Off on a tangent. We keep being told that not everyone can access VPNs because of lack of internet capability.

If this is the case, how can they receive and email and complete not only this but anything on Cadet Portal.

2 Likes

That is one big safeguarding hole

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s designed for the Cadets arranging lifts amongst themselves not for the Squadron to arrange it in their behalf?

Although in those circumstances I would say it’s unnecessary to have consent as the activity starts when they arrive big when they leave.

1 Like

Abhorrent is maybe a bit strong, but I’d go with misguided and troublesome. As for abhorrent, there’s a lovely Oxford Comma sized gap in that list!

On topic though, I hope the implication isn’t that we become liable for those parent lift shares as that should be an agreement between the parents. Our responsibility begins and ends when the cadet is passed to and from a bona fide, safeguarding trained member of the RAFAC.

In which case why is it there?

2 Likes

:thinking:

11 Likes

I am 100% up for that

2 Likes

lmao. This document has been signed off by RAF legal? And that’s still there?!

1 Like

Is that shooting at Pilots Coz I’ll have some of that!

There are a few minor typos that pedants like me will find, but nothing as funny as this one!

1 Like

I’ve not actually had a chance to have a proper read through my self yet, just seen what’s posted on here. I’m also the type to look for the little mistakes, but this one is just hilarious!

I think this should be ‘administering’

4 Likes

Let me drag out my rifles… :laughing:

I’ll give ya a 800 yard start. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

What do we do if a cadet hands in a printed off copy? are we permitted to scan and upload?

3822H - Conditions: Eyesight.

Yes. I have eyesight. I’d expect the vast majority of cadets to have eyesight.
Somehow, I suspect that “eyesight” isn’t what you meant.

For all the poor implementation, the intention of reducing the need for TG21/23 forms is very much positive… if only we could have managed it without making a fool of ourselves.

4 Likes

Yes.
And other characters