HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

I have to admit, I think that it should remain so but as Charlie-boy is the King and it was his gig, he ain’t going to listen to people like me.

However, I sincerely hope that the cadets of all flavours who were taking an active part on the day, receive the medal in a timely fashion. If I ever hear a jealous CFAV who DIDN’T get a KCM whinge about a cadet wearing one, I swear that I’ll knock his tootypegs so far down his throat that he’ll have to use his chocolate starfish to eat his dinner.

6 Likes

I’ll happily wait for mine if it moves those cadets up the queue before they age out.

3 Likes

Just need that organiser to add their names to the medal role. That’ll then get sent up to the two star to approve.

The cadet organiser for it needs to get their finger out really.

2 Likes

I doubtt that cadets will be allowed to wear them - they don’t get No1 uniform unless Lord Lieutenants Cadets etc. Ribbons on jumpers will look silly.

Don’t worry, our location station have put out the following:

Coronation Medal Ribbon and Medal

** have been informed that the Coronation Medal Ribbon and Medal has been delayed until early 2024.

Ribbons on shirts, however, look just fine on every other uniform going (although possibly would necessitate a higher quality / cotton mix / thicker shirt in our case).

1 Like

Agreed - The yanks, Canadians etc. wear them very well - they look smart,

1 Like

More likely to be King William’s coronation ! :rofl:

The Americans do award ribbon bars for literally everything though.

Pass phase 1 training - you get a ribbon bar.

Complete three years good service - you get a ribbon bar.

Salute a passing Bald Eagle - ribbon bar + mention in dispatches :joy:

Do the exact opposite of what you’re meant to do and get shot, and you get a ribbon…

2 Likes

The thing is the Americans differentiate between ribbons and medals, to a large extent their “ribbon rack” is like a wearable CV, it tells the observer who they are, where they have been a LMF what they have done.

Interesting tidbit on Purple Hearts, they are still issuing ones made in preparation for the invasion of Japan that’s how high they expected casualties to be before they dropped the big one.

That’s crazy! Could also think with a ‘glass half-full’ mindset and think there haven’t been many causalities in the following conflicts (obviously not true just thinking of Vietnam alone).

Operation Downfall and Olympic…

So many purple.hearts were minted for the campaign to invade Japan that field commanders in the vietnam war, were issued medals to hand out immediatly rather than wait!

Even with Korea, Vietnam, Gulf 1 and 2 and Afghan campaigns… enough putple hearts remain to keep going a long time yet!

1 Like

It’s the thing that makes all of the “the bomb was wrong” lot so ridiculous.

The US were expecting between 2 and 4 Million casualties with upto 800,000 of those being KIA. Japanese casualties were expected to be between 5 and 10 Million dead.

1 Like

We arw talking about KCIII coronation medal still, right?

1 Like

Yeah, apparently they are making so few we won’t get them until the Americans run out of Purple Hearts :rofl:

3 Likes

I would make an exception for the kids. Its not every day that they are issued a ‘proper’ medal.

4 Likes

Needs an urgent regulations rewrite, let Cadets wear a medal ribbon on the brassard like we used to with Nijmegen.

6 Likes

IIRC ACF regs allow CFAVs and Cadets to wear medals in MTP on remembrance parade. And I think the AAFC wear medals on their light blue shirts. Personally, if I had a cadet with a medal (Coronation/BEM etc) then I’d break the dress regs and tell them to wear it on their shirt on events where staff wear theirs.

5 Likes

That one’s actually a medal, not just a ribbon. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes