HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

Which will arrive first? CFAVs coronation medal, or the Space BTEC

I haven’t seen that yet. I’ll see if I can find it tomorrow. It seems an extraordinarily long time compared with jubilee medals.

The IBN also opens up eligibility to cadets over 18 with 5 years minimum service. Unless I’m reading that wrong

I think your reading it wrong, criteria point 1 states personnel must be a uniformed adult volunteer, the over 18 cadet bit in point 2 relates to the length of service so basically any time over 18 as a cadet counts if a person is adult staff.

I’ll be interested to see which cadets receive the medal, whether it’s limited to the odd couple who were involved in the parade, or whether those who walked down The Mall in front of the public for example are included.

2 Likes

I’d bet on the former

2 Likes

Me too. They were essentially spectators with privileges. Representing RAFAC, but not contributing to the constitutional events.

3 Likes

Only one way to find out…

There’s a form attached to the DIN. What needs to happen is the organiser of that event needs to send that off to the MODMO.

1 Like

Nothing ventured, nothing gained

1 Like

But it relies on the organiser, you know, being organised.

The requirement for the services was moved and tracked to GOLDEN ORB in support. If they were there in support of… Then really, no reason to no.

A FAQ with supplementary cadet forces specifics has just been released via the weekly Influwnce update answers some of the questions people would have.

Some regular forces have now had their JPA Honours and Awards tables updated to show the awarding of the KCM. Are we waiting for the list from HQ now?

Wonder if it’s a manufacturing pipeline problem? i.e. the pipeline still full with QPJMs so no manufacturing capacity for the coronation one?

1 Like

I think it’s something to do with the fact it was always planned to be a limited run for those involved in the day until last minute when the King kicked off, so unlike the jubilee medals they didn’t get ahead of the game

1 Like

Supply shouldn’t delay it being updated to JPA.

1 Like

Absolutely agree…this must just be a quick job for Tranche 1 at HQ surely…

Presses button to generate list of volunteers with 5+ years service

Would then give Tranche 2 staff time to appeal now!

2 Likes

does anyone know of a system we can use to store or personal logs, length of service and events attended, this would be really useful if it was in place and would be a ideal tool for this application

#cynic

I don’t know why everyone with a service number isn’t just on JPA. You can all suffer through the same process as the rest of us. It will be a bonding experience

1 Like

We are now in JPA, we just can’t access that info or I’m not aware how to

Hence why I have a new service number that I can’t remember :rofl: