HM King Charles III - Coronation Medal

The DIN for the medal is not on Defence Gateway yet…

Having a look at that, it’s not up to date.
There’s been several since the professional logistics awards. I’ll have a look tonight on ModNet.

1 Like

It’s easy enough to find on MODNET, but I was looking for something I could share.

Is it protectively marked? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s marked OFFICIAL (which is unnecessary under GSC) but that doesn’t make sharing something that currently only appears to be hosted on MODNET any easier.

Ribbons on shirts! Ribbons on shirts!

:joy:

2 Likes

Right. It’s been released.
Here is the gen reference CFAVs and cadets.

CFAVs: five years uniformed membership, not necessarily continuous, of a MOD sponsored CF. Including cadet service over 18. Must have been serving on 6th May 23. Or involved in coronation events.

Cadets: only those who made an active contribution to constitutional coronation events.

12 Likes

Perfect, shall I close the thread now? :kissing_heart::wink:

6 Likes

Oh god please do.

5 Likes

you know thats not how this works…!

The Navy were toying with that a couple of years ago. Around the same time, it turned up as a comment in the minutes of an RAF dress and clothing policy committee (or one of the steering groups) meeting… And then the idea was never heard of again anywhere.

Navy top brass just wear ribbons, submariner badges, etc, on their shirts anyway: regardless of what the rules say.

I think it looks pretty smart. Especially on the white short sleeves.

3 Likes

Especially with the shoulder boards, which look so much better than composite braid.

I’m a big fan of shoulder boards… I don’t wear mine often enough.

2 Likes

Questions is, which will I get first, the Kings Coronation Medal or the QPJM… Yep, still waiting for that badger :thinking:

2 Likes

So as a TL:DR (given the “or”)
Everyone with 5+ years from 6th May?
And Everyone involved in coronation events regardless of service?

2 Likes

I’m waiting on three now
A CFM bar
QPJM
KClll coronation who knows what order they’ll arrive!

1 Like

Probably King William Coronation Medal first.

1 Like

Yeah that was always part of the initial announcement, anyone in the Coronation (or other central “Coronation” event) gets it. Hence why the Cadet carrying the Corps banner will get one etc.

5 Likes