Flying Scholarships

At least you know where you stand with an early rejection. I’m currently in a situation where I know the shortlist for final interviews has been drawn up but they’re not telling us for another month. So frustrating waiting for the outcome when there’s nothing more you can do to influence it.

1 Like

Why are they waiting so long?

Public sector admin

1 Like

Mind if I ask which region? Obviously don’t feel you have to answer that if you don’t want to!

Got one or two who are keen on the scheme and this is exactly the sort of thing they’d appreciate but I don’t believe for a second that I always get the full notifications of everything that’s going on…

LaSER. We were told “RAvnO LaSER will be running brush up sessions online for only those who get through the initial application process; please let your WAvnO know if you are successful in the first sift and wish to take advantage of these”

2 Likes

A reminder for anyone who was wanting to apply to the BA Speedbird Academy that it closes tonight! You must have put in your application including CV and completed the 3 online assessments before midnight!

1 Like

Is this offer only for people who live in LaSER, or can people from across the country jump on the sessions?

I’m not sure. I assume it is for LaSER only as the email went to WAvOs within LaSER.

One of my cadets got the thank you for the interest but no thanks e-mail.

I can’t find my GCSE certificates. Reckon they’ll accept this instead…?

1 Like

Application submitted and tests completed. Was it around 45 mins we’re expecting the rejection email?

Up to. From reading some PPRUNE threads, many people got the rejection within a few minuets. And also rejected at each part. ie rejected after the second one.

Well, no rejection email for any phase so far. Let’s see what happens.

I’m holding out no great hope, but you never know.

1 Like

Oh, okay…

9 Likes

I thought we would be due an update.

Sadly, I received the reject email earlier this week. Truthfully, I’m not too disappointed; things are looking great elsewhere and I’m happy to carry on, but it would have been nice to earn some wings.

I’m not going to name names as I have no right to speak on behalf of anyone else, but there are some other members who have progressed further than I have. I sincerely wish them the best of luck with the rest of the programme and hope they make it all the way through.

2 Likes

Good job for giving it a go.

Can’t move for schemes popping up, TUI start of next year and BA set to be soon after that so plenty of chances still to come!

Yep, here are the details.

A very different course from what BA is offering. But a great opportunity still.

I suspect RAvnO LASER will be busy enough with her day job, the RAvnO post and running a squadron that she might struggle to help cadets from other regions. Though knowing her she’ll try.

Heliecntre have opened their registration for a CPL(H), the caveat is that you must have completed your PPL(H) (self-funded) with Helicentre by July next year.

Helicentre CPL(H) Scholarships