Flying Scholarships

Is there a handy list somewhere if all flying/gliding scholarships available to cadets, and their entry requirements?

It’s been such a long time since we had an applicant I can’t remember.

TIA

1 Like

ACTO 34 would be the first place I’d look

ACTO 34 - RAF Air Cadets Pilot Scheme and Other Flying Scholarships

1 Like

That and ask @MikeJenvey - pretty sure he had a list of scholarships not that long ago.

1 Like

So kind. :wink:

The details below were sent out about 18 months ago by our Wg Av O.

From those I have messaged in the last few months, everything is on Covid hold. We have an “in” with Air League, but nothing to report there yet.

6 Likes

This is great, thank you!

1 Like

Bump

I’ve seen the following Flying Scholarships advertised for females (17yrs +) who want to get into aviation!

https://www.aetheris.co.uk/mrps

1 Like

Looks interesting, but no info at all on eligibility. 18+? 17+? I got excited and thought I would send an email to units but there isn’t enough there yet.

Also, there are plenty of ACPS places for female cadets; the difficulty is getting them to apply.

Click on Criteria on the menu list and it’s all there. On the mobile page it’s at the top

Criteria

The criteria for applications are as follows:

Female aged between 17 and 24 (must be at least 17 on 1 June).

British citizen and resident in the UK.

Demonstrate a serious ambition and ability to pursue an aviation-related career.

Availability to undertake and complete the Scholarship during summer 2022.

Educational achievements: demonstrable knowledge and/or experience in science, mathematics or other aviation related subjects.

Ability to satisfy the relevant medical standard to enable issue of a Class 2 Medical Certificate issued in the UK in accordance with Part Med. (The medical will be required in advance of interview for those selected).

Attend training at the Cambridge Aero Club between mid-July and mid-September 2022.

Thanks all, I was being dumb. I’ll send something out.

Bump

Young Air Pilots (Honorary Company of Air Pilots) PPL Flying Scholarships have opened for 2022!

Young Air Pilots Flying Scholarships

3 Likes

One of ours got a placement last year! :wink:

Bump

Almat Flying Academy - Coventry

Are looking to provide a PPL scholarship

Almat Flying Academy PPL Scholarship

Looks like the details aren’t finalised yet, but it’ll be nice before they close down Coventry airport to create a Gigafactory… but thats a topic for GMG

1 Like

Bump (Again)

Published in Flight Training News, see below list of various types of scholarships available.

though I’m pretty sure that’s a misprint about RAFAC offering Rotary scholarships

3 Likes

That’s it, I’m doing it; I’m forging a 3822 in my own name.

Edit: no, that won’t work considering the cadet and OC signatures would be the same. Looks like ex-cadet been-there-done-that is coming out of retirement with a mildly buffed SMS profile.

I might try my luck at a PPL scholarship this year!

1 Like

The Young Air Pilots have had a couple of additional Gliding Scholarships opportunities come available.

Please see below link for application form and criteria.

Honourable Company of Air Pilots Gliding Scholarships

3 Likes

Yes I know its another Livery company, but I saw the announcement on Sharepoint, I thought I’d share it here for those who might not check it as frequently (especially over the Christmas period).

The Worshipful Company of Coachmakers and Coach Harness Makers of London is an active livery which is offering a series of financial awards to help young people with their career aspirations within the Aerospace Sector.

Coachmakers Aerospace Scholarships

2 Likes

We’re either being watched or you’re on the inside…

:rofl: