First Female Head of Service

The current Chief of the General Staff (CGS), who has been outspoken on the weakness of the current British Army, is to retire early and it looks as though the Army is about to have the first female head of any of the 3 services. Lt Gen Sharon Nesmith, the current Deputy CGS has been invited to apply for the position by the Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace.

2 Likes

Im pretty confident AVM Suraya Marshall will be the next COS. Shes very highly regarded in the RAF

2 Likes

My money is on AM Rich Maddison He is already DepCOS and he is a higher rank than AVM Marshall. She will need one more good post at AM to be COS. Good shout for the future

2 Likes

Loves the RAFAC, literally gives up his weekends to fly cadets

5 Likes

Then on the upward track is Air Cdr Thomas ex-nav and OC 12 Squadron as first female fast jet squadron commander due to be air attaché in Washington soon. Just finished as EAW command

2 Likes

If you’re not thinking of Phil Robinson DFC*** as a future CAS. You’re wrong.

But yes. I reckon AVM Marshall will eventually inherit the post.

3 Likes

Just googled him - Military Medals, completed it mate

Christ, he has more medals than some low-ranking Americans!

2 Likes

He is the most decorated member of the RAF since the Second World War.

2 Likes

Check out Col. Lucy Giles. For only a Col, that is SO many medals!

1 Like

She’s a full colonel according to the photo.

On a more on-topic point, I don’t see a Platinum Jubilee or Coronation Medal so, if she’s still serving, she’s onto her fourth row of ribbons now.

1 Like

Sorry, mis-read! See edit!

1 Like

16 posts were split to a new topic: Pin the Medal on the Chest (Placing and Identification)

Not if we’re thinking about the Topic title! Unless Phil, of course, identifies as female??