F1 Chat

I think we’re going to see some 5 second penalties on Sunday!

Indeed, Seems only Logan and Leclerc that didn’t get a lap time deleted

He’s gotta be looking over his shoulder soon.

Oh definitely, it’s mad that Max is pretty much winning both championships on his own at this point.

Wonder if they will mange to keep the car on track today.

Got to wonder what’s wrong at RB that they can never sort out their number 2 position.

Problem is who do you go with?

Especially considering the size of the Junior RB programme. I think it’s too much obsession with the No1 driver who doesn’t help/support his No2

That is indeed a problem,
Danny Ric? Maybe but I’m not sure he’d do much better.
Yuki? Nah farrr to angry

I agree they focus too much on one driver rather than the whole team

I think they need to bin off both Alpha Tauri drivers at the end of the season. Yuki isn’t going to progress and I don’t think Nyck de Vries is showing enough so far.

They have 3 real choices at RB, persevere with Perez for another year while they give someone a trial at Alpha Tauri, bin Perez and put Danny Ric in while they try to find someone permanent (again giving them a seat at Alpha Tauri)

Or go and find someone experienced elsewhere as a full time No 2 who is happy in that position. (Carlos Sainz would be a good shout but how long left in his contract?)

I think Lando could be an option too, but they would need to buy him out his contract

I don’t think he would want it, he wants to be a World Champion and I’m not sure he would be happy as a designated second driver.

Just watching the replay of the Sprint Race now, as I was out most of the day.

A very good first half. Really happy to see Haas being competitive :smiley:

1 Like

Putting the Hulk in as RB no. 2 could work. He’s not quick enough to threaten Max, gives him a genuine shot at a podium with that car pleasing fans across the board and buys them time to trawl the net for a max replacement

2 Likes

Thought that about Perez though, he was touted, and expected to be, exactly that.

There’s something about RB - and Horner’s man management.

His management is the issue, he only managed one man and expects the other to keep up.

Aaaand looks like a DNF today for Hulk :frowning:

1 Like

Few penalties for track limits already

Just a couple…

Also this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/formuladank/comments/14onirp/press_f_for_jetpack_guy/

Saw them in the build up.
It’s the Gravity team - https://gravity.co/
They do some cool stuff, Richard browning wants to have a jet pack racing league

Yeah, they’re pretty awesome. But the sudden cut to Piastri just cracks me up! :eyes: :grimacing: The side eye, the grimace, and clearly trying not to laugh! :sweat_smile:

Lol I’ve just watched it properly… Ouch!