F1 Chat

It was a complete gamble, that sadly didn’t pay off. Had the opposite happened and the rain stopped quickly, as some were suggesting, then his play for new slicks would have easily got him into 1st. It was a decision that, at that exact moment, wasn’t terrible. But within about 60 seconds it was obvious it was a mistake as the rain got a lot heavier!

But anyway. Monaco is a bit boring. Had it not rained that would have easily been the most boring race so far I think. It was only the rain strategy that made it interesting! Seeing Hulkenberg out on slicks 2 or 3 laps after everyone else had gone onto inters was pretty funny :sweat_smile:

Monaco is iconic but boring.

1 Like

Oh yeah, could easily have gone either way.

The rain towards the end was interesting if nothing else - it was properly coming down.

Hopefully a good race today. Bit of a mixed up grid

1 Like

So who’s getting the 2nd Redbull seat next season Coz I can’t see it being Perez

If he doesn’t improve soon he is going o very much be at risk.

Danny Ric come back, or another Red Bull Junior?

Is anyone capable of looking good next to (potentially) one of the all time greats who has had a number of years of developing a car with a team to make it perfectly suit his driving style? Perez is a good driver and as decent a number 2 as you’re likely to get these days. No matter who is in that second seat (except possibly Hamilton, Alonso or Leclerc), they’ll all suffer in comparison to Max.

1 Like

The problem is that with that car they should be looking at a 1-2 every race and that’s not happening.

Verstappen is finishing first or second every race, but Perez isn’t and with Red Bulls ruthlessness that could cost him.

Not because it matters this season with the design lead they have, but what about next season when someone else is competitive and the second driver can’t be counted on to be there when he’s needed?

I don’t think they will promote anyone straight to Red Bull again, they’ve been bitten too many times and I don’t see that either of the Alpha Tauri drivers deserves the step up.

At an early guess I can see either Perez gets another year while they find a replacement for him or Perez gets the boot and Danny Ric gets a season while they find someone permanent.

In either case I think Tsunoda needs to start performing or he will get the boot so that someone else can show what they can do in his seat as an audition for that number 2 spot at Red Bull.

Yeah, he should at least be on the podium with that car.

Agreed. Yuki just isn’t calm enough either, as much as I do enjoy his radio messages.
Although I think Nyck is more at risk for the moment.

He’s only in his first season though so if he shows his potential I reckon he will get a second year.

Well then, a very messy Q3!

1 Like

Very much so!
Nice bit of a mixed up grid so far, rather disappointed that I’m going to miss the race tomorrow :pleading_face:

Just seen all the penalties.
Hulk was lucky to only get 3 place drop not 10!

1 Like

Reminder for those who have forgotten that it’s qualifying time now, not tomorrow!

1 Like

Absolute shambles of lap times being constantly deleted.

I mean they could just stay in the lines …

Also LOL at Perez

It was just as bad in F2 and 3,
Was all over the place