F1 Chat

I hope George does, just hope there are no issues with the car or the team to cause him to drop places.

They do have form for letting him down.

I enjoyed that

Indeed that was quite good :+1:

Great start by Max to get ahead.

Yup was good to watch, good start by Max getting the jump over Hamilton.

Good effort from Alonso, gaining those places in the first lap!

I think Hamilton got off lightly there

Racing Incident?
I think they were both at fault in their own way.

Up until that point they were both fighting hard. Was some excellent racing to watch.

1 Like

Even the stewards have said it was Hamilton’s fault, it should’ve been a much harsher penalty than a simple 10 seconds on a pit stop.

For me it should’ve been at least a proper 10 second Stop/Go.

They did indeed, I won’t pretend to know the rules on who’s corner it was and who should have been where. But from my point of view it was just the outcome of two drivers fighting hard for the position in the first lap of the race and neither one wanting to back down.

Obviously the outcome shouldn’t be massive crashes and injured drivers but the wheel to wheel racing does make it exciting to watch.

Other than that I thought is was a good race, the McLarens did well, Ricardo seems to be starting to perform. Was a shame to see George drop back after a solid qualifying too.

Not being an expert I’d say that someone made a mistake as the intent isn’t to take the other car out.

It could be akin to an over zealous challenge in football that endangers the safety of the opponent, intent is never the issue.

The fact he went on to win having taken out the only challenge (Bottas will do as he’s told and Perez’s race was over yesterday) tells me the penalty wasn’t enough.

That said he had to get 95% of the way through the race to get there so :man_shrugging: And who knows what could have happened if LeClerc didn’t have engine issues.

Daniel Ricciardo did really well to keep Sainz behind at less than a second for over 15 laps.

Exactly that, it might not have been deliberate but it was reckless and has effectively managed to reset the season back to square one, that’s not right. In football it would’ve been the equivalent of fouling someone in a clear goal scoring position, which is a red card and a penalty.

For me that was either a proper stop/go penalty or a black flag.

I was sick for max when I heard his radio call that wasn’t aired on tv at the time it happened, a long pause and you could hear in his voice that the 51g crash hurt him.

Once cocky Hamilton started rocking round the paddock dripping in gold and his arrogance started to grow, I soon started to dislike him. I hope Max smashes him in the next few races and moves ahead even further in the championship :wink:

And finally, as soon as he got his penalty I said he’s won this race :neutral_face:

What do we all think to the rumours Red Bull are instructing legal people to chase Hamilton down after the crash?

Personally think it’s just another teddy being thrown out the pram and they’ll soon realise they need to move on.

It’s funny because previous years have seen Horner defend Max in similar situations.

At the end of the day they are backing their driver, but I’m not sure what legal chasing could be done.

1 Like

Looked ‘knock for knock’ to me but if Red Bull think pursuing it can protect their no claims bonus…

3 Likes

FWIW, I think it was a racing incident, Ferrari haven’t gone after Hamilton -obviously he and LeClerc were a bit further apart, but he still ran wide due to Hamilton’s car placement.

I didn’t like that he got out the car and decided to run about (and accidently nearly clocked one of the photographers in the face) instead of going to get weighed straight away/do post race interviews etc.

I get it’s huge that they had 140,000 people in and it’s been a while, but it was cocky bordering on arrogant in my opinion.

Probably posturing and keeping it in the news cycle as negative PR for Hamilton.

Got the money to burn!

2 Likes

Yeah agreed, can’t see how anything would actually come of it.

Will cooler heads prevail next race or could we see a fierce rivalry on the go.

I’m assuming they are upset that Hamilton caused the crash (as acknowledged by the FIA giving him a penalty) the damage from which is going to cost £750,000 to repair and is also going to give Red Bull a10 place grid penalty for replacing the engine which is ridiculous.

Yeah, a penalty for replacing the engine after a crash like that is a bit of a joke.

Going to be an interesting mid-season if Lewis continues his agressive streak. Max is a hot head and is likely upset Lewis has equalled him on this one which might make him either go all in or back off a bit more.