Current Claims Timescales

It will be released :roll_eyes:

It is now on SharePoint!

Comdt doing what is right, not what is easy :+1:

9 Likes

Has anyone been paid Home to Duty in the last year? I’m still waiting on my January-June 2022 Home to Duty claim, as well as Jul-Dec.

Nope! I’m in the same boat as you!

Just had Jul - Dec 22 paid

I’m just about to submit Jul-Dec 2022. Still waiting on Jan-Jun 2022 so frankly didn’t see the point. Maybe it’s all a bit random? At this point I’ll be oved about £460.

Bloody silly.

My last 2 have each taken about 4 months to process, which is appalling. I phoned HQRAFAC accounts last year to chase an HTD claim up and there’s only one person doing all of them - and other stuff too probably. She does them in order of receipt and was very apologetic! Not her fault, it’s an understaffed HQ and an organisation that doesn’t trust it’s people (ie us).

So at this point do I just assume that my Jan-Jun claim is lost and re-submit it?

I would! If they’re just slow with yours, they should recognise it as a duplicate claim anyway.

Could you keep us in the loop on how this progresses?

I’m about to submit my first travel claim since before Covid. I’ve recently moved squadrons to one that is still a 30-min each way journey (living in a rural area, this is genuinely the quickest for me to get to) and need the HTD to be able to afford to continue attending as frequently as I do. If there are failings within the HTD payments, I may genuinely need to reconsider how frequently I can be involved, if at all.

So I should be expecting my claim for my AVIP course back in April to be paid by around 2067? :laughing:

I have now been paid! So my Jan-Jun Home to Duty 2022, that I put in the claim for in July 2022 , took until June 2023 to get paid.

2 Likes

I wonder if we can claim statutory interest in such cases…?

A year to turnaround a claim is utterly inexcusable at any time, not least when we’re all having to tighten our belts too.

How this isn’t yet an automated process is beyond me.

2 Likes

This - we have all these portals now but we are a long way from delivering an integrated and automated non paper environment. Functionality roll out seems to have slowed and the progress announcements have dried up.

(not making any digs at the VSDT, who are doing great work, just an observation :slight_smile: )

They must be doing different claims in different order. Did AT in late April, just been paid

Yeah, I put in my HTD and my 1771 at the same time last July. Same envelope. The 1771 was paid within 4 weeks. The HTD took a year!

1 Like

In the last few weeks. Ive had HTD submitted and paid in the same week

You don’t get HTD… 1771 on the other hand

Thats what i meant…