Current Claims Timescales

And if this was the private sector anybody owing you money you’d be sending in the bailiff’s. I wonder if any CFAV has tried this?

There’s probably a clause that says that the claims are a gesture of goodwill and we’re not actually owed anything. Or something to that effect.

That would an interesting case if it ever got to court? Gesture of ‘goodwill’ that would be paying claims expeditiously.

Bumping this thread. What’s the current time scales for 1771 and HTD claims?

This on SharePoint today

The VA cut of dates for pay-run for February and March are as follows:

February – 15 February

March – 14 March

The travel claims are processed on a daily run – usually 3 or 4 working days after input on JPA so any claims inputted by RAFAC Accounts after 25 March 24 will be paid in the next Financial year (some CFAV claim tax relief for MMA).

That’s what inspired my post. It doesn’t answer the question of timescale though from post to pay. I sent in claims beginning of Dec and haven’t seen anything yet. Normally I wouldn’t be expecting to see anything for 6 months, but thought it’d be worth asking on here anway!

I put claims in mid december and they’re on defence gateway to be paid this month.

Oh, you can still see the expenses tab? Or are you talking about VA?

Pay seems to be reasonable, about 6 weeks. Mileage appears to disappear in to the abyss.

Is that F1771 or HTD? We are electronic F1771 and turn round is on par with F80s.

I submitted HTD months ago and haven’t seen or heard from it again.

I submitted 1771(Hard copy) and F80 in early Oct, got the 2 days VA at and of Dec, still waiting for a substantial amount from the 1771 that I did hope to see before Christmas. VA is nice to receive and as a previous lifetime as a CI its a bonus, but being out of pocket for fuel expenses really grates me.

4 Likes

Sorry I was talking about VA. Not a clue where my fuels ended up :joy:

They seem to end up in the abyss where they reappear 8 months later!

1. Not sure on HTD as I don’t get it.