(COVID) Process Changes To No1 Uniform Issue

I was fitted for my No. 1s today at my parent station so they are being processed (albeit slowly). Best bet is to pester your WExO who should be able to request slots.

2 Likes

Did anything further happen on No1s being issued (or not)?

My parent station stores have said that they are going to send a request to the local tailor to sort out No1ā€™s however no timeframe was given.

It seems parent stations are dealing with it for those that did the virtual OIC.

1 Like

My parent stationā€™s advice was private purchase, they havenā€™t had a demand through for the ATC since 2109 so well before lockdown

And in person OIC too.

Which lockdown are you talking about? then one enforced by the future aliens? Have you been sent back in time to warn us? :astonished:

Itā€™s the one that happens just before Boris finally resigns

2 Likes

This is what I have been told too.

In the year before I get my No1s?

2 Likes

When I chased, I was told wait out as there are supply issues but this has been going on for a while now!

If private purchase is the suggested option then it isnā€™t very inclusive (although I appreciate SNCOs have to).

Private purchase or just donā€™t worry about not having them is pretty much how itā€™s been presented to me

1 Like

The Sea Cadets donā€™t issue officersā€™ No 1 uniformā€¦ They pay an allowance for officers to purchase a set locally.

They also get an allowance to replace them again after a few years, if required.

Its amazing what can be done with good charity fundraising. If only we could adopt the same system for our staffā€¦ People get well fitting uniform in a timely manner; local tailoring businesses are supported; the RAF no longer pays money to a contracted company who do such poor work, that CFAV have to pay anyway to have their uniform fixed to fit.

3 Likes

Frankly the way uniform supply is.

Id rather they gave all uniformed cfavs Ā£100 a year and do away with uniform supply for staff.

1 Like

As a result, sea cadet officers also get their own sword! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like that idea

I do like my sword.

I feel like the only thing that would match my glee at having a sword would be my better halves disdain :laughing:

1 Like

I also believe WOs use to get cutlasses as well but since there are more swords in the air cadets than WOs in the SCC I think itā€™s fallen to the side.

Aye, but they have to buy that themselves. HQ donā€™t pay for those as far as Iā€™m aware.

My wife was not impressed when it arrived. The kids love it though.
Iā€™m looking forward to her face when I get round to fixing a mount on the wall :joy: