(COVID) Process Changes To No1 Uniform Issue

Has anyone got a list of reputable suppliers for 2nd hand no1s? Female clothing seems harder to source.

If you’re looking for other ranks then sometimes your parent station can help. Otherwise eBay is the most obvious bet.
https://mrarmysurplus.com/ has also been good in the past.

If your a WO and need Officer/WO pattern then it’s very hit and miss.

Just an update to the original thread. When i enquired about being entitled a set i was told there is a backlogs of 300+ outstanding Officers No1 uniforms at Cranwell (RAFAC staff). In addition there is a major problem with uniform across the military example no SD Cap for Officers at Cranwell, regular officers passing out are loaned a cap for the parade and there are no shirts etc.

So expect no resoloution soon.

How are we meant to fight a war against China and Russia if we can’t even clothe ourselves? :man_shrugging::tired_face:

For that to be the situation for the regulars is very embarrassing.

4 Likes

That explains why I saw I photo of a graduation from a training course where the guy was wearing black suit trousers and a white shirt with a No1 jacket

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t get your hopes up… I’m still waiting and poor old Mick seems to have a to-do list longer than a Leonard Cohen song…

1 Like

Anyone aware of any updates on this at all?

Mozza

Only that the shortage of some uniform items remains whilst everything sits in a warehouse half way around the world awaiting shipping… And whilst the clock ticks the backlog of those needing No 1 gets longer. We’ll be waiting for a good while.

They’ll use this and Astra as an excuse to do away with then for us

I am less worried about my No1’s, I would prefer they send through our uniform orders for our Cadets so they have a full set of kit.

1 Like

Totally agree with that - we have only just managed to get our September intake into uniform! We had to do lots of begging. Some other Sqn’s are only interested in helping you if they can get something in return.

3 Likes

I have been asked by my WHQ to make contact with your parent clothing stores to get the requests done. Looks promising but will let you know how it goes

Are we talking about No 1 or cadet uniform orders now?

1 Like

No1 uniform

Ah, right.

The man in the loop is Sgt Mick Clark at HQRAFAC.
When commissioning, the process is started when attending OIC. For Wg WOs for example, it starts with Mick directly.

As I understand it the contractor won’t produce a uniform without the official demand, which in our case comes from HQ. So Mick has to raise the authority. Once that’s done, one books in with their parent station for a fitting date. On that date the contractor sends someone to take measurements against the demands they’ve received.

Going direct to parent station might yield a fitting date (because they don’t know any different) but there won’t be an authorised demand for a uniform, so it won’t get anywhere.

I was told id be lucky to see an issue set of No1s before my post renewal… Thats in 4 years. But wait and see

Just convert VA into No1s… same as 5s and 3s…

8 to 10 days plt off (depending on tax rate) easily pays for a set of 1s.

3 Likes

Do you have an email address for mick or a role based address please?

I’ve only got his personal address, which I’d be reluctant to stick on here.
But if you compose an email and search (or Ctrl+K) he’s the only Sgt Michael Clarke, and is at HQ.
Alternatively your Wg WO should be able to help.

Smashing found him. Cheers

1 Like