Coronavirus: what happens next!

Doh. Blind.
Thanks!

1 Like

The world has gone stark raving bloody nuts because of this. This morning a family out walking their dogs with face masks on, in a quiet village, where if someone had got this, we would have all known within minutes.

Panic buying…

1 Like

Sod Coronavirus, I’m more concerned about pink eye with the lack of soap and bog roll…

1 Like

That’s why I said people should panic buy soap at the first panic buying. If you run out of toilet paper you can use your shower, but you’ll still need soap.

Watching the News earlier and they were showing people bulk buying.

But they were in Costco or Makro, this is not news or panic buying it’s just shopping!

Makro had a sign up today limiting toilet roll sales.

Not in the middle of Waitrose! :rofl:

One more than annoying aspects is that a close family member has Crohn’s disease & is on long-term auto-immune suppressant tablets = much, much higher risk of catching anything infectious (if your immune system is running at say 95-100%, their’s is at about 10-15%!). Hand sanitiser is a must - but none to be seen as all the stupid (healthy) people have panicked. They will soon have to ask for a prescription if nothing materialises.

On radio 2 this morning the expected out come of this morning’s cobra meeting is the banning of mass and s ocial gatherings including community groups

Not yet

I don’t really care if I get the virus or not, I’m just concerned about the impact on cadet activities. :smiley:

1 Like

Considering how they say the under-20s aren’t affected nearly as much as the more mature members of society will we even notice if they’re struck down ?

Depends how old the staff are!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Judging by the age of many of mine they will be in isolation. Wg cdr, CoS and WFAO. 150 years service in the corps man and boy.

average age of the Italian deaths is 81

my BBC news source

Listening to the latest press conference it seems that if any ‘social distancing’ measures are put in place they’ll be for quite a while.

Slightly worrying to think about the knock on effect this might have on certain units and indeed on other voluntary community groups etc.

Having said that I do find having the CMO and CSA at the press conferences with the PM quite reassuring - they at least seem to know what they’re talking about.

I’d love a couple of weeks off with a shutdown at work. With the winds etc over the last month at weekends, I’ve not been able to do the garden like I would have been.

I’d like some extra time for my novel. And the sumo’s on right now.

This’ll make getting to work easier.

2 Likes

Well, don’t go to Italy or Israel.