Coronation of King Charles III

I’m surprised more CFAVs don’t use “Catch the pigeon” as part of their airframes lessons. Sorry topic drift doh!

1 Like

So just had an idea that might be cheaper & work.

All those involved in the coronation ceremony, royal household and all those with five year eligible service on the date of coronation but who didn’t get the QPJM - all get the coronation medal.

All those who got the QPJM & would have five years eligible service on the date of coronation get a bar to their QPJM in the form of a tutor crown affixed to the medal ribbon.

Got to be cheaper, still does the recognition & but keeps the rarity down. Might suggest this to MPto take forward.

1 Like

There is precedent to an extent with the Victoria golden and diamond jubilee medals. If you got the former then you got a clasp instead of the latter.
Slight difference here though in that it’s different monarchs.

I think that would be a good option to save costs… I have replicas mounted and originals safely tucked away

1 Like

Slight… difference…

Erm… mainly the whole thing.

2 Likes

To quote WLSC:

“The object of presenting medals, stars, and ribbons is to give pride and pleasure to those who have deserved them. At the same time a distinction is something which everybody does not possess. If all have it it is of less value … A medal glitters, but it also casts a shadow”

6 Likes

So looks like it is confirmee only those directly involved that will get a medal :+1:

Can’t find that tweet on their timeline.

Yep. Fake news. Clue is in the poor grammar (and the fact you can easily search it on their twitter account).

2 Likes

This is clearly nonsense but I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out to be true, apart from the MPs bit. MPs get enough perks as it is.

2 Likes

Even this government aren’t stupid enough to give it to all MPs but not all regular personnel.

5 Likes

This is from combat boots troll account, creatively name bombat coot. Completely made up, always check their actual timeline before believing anything they spread.

1 Like

I would like to think that if such a decision was to be made, it would not be announced via a badly written tweet.

That’s exactly how I’d expect us in the RAFAC to find out :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True, but other organisations usually have slightly better comms.

4 Likes

Imagine if Joseph Goebbels or Napoleon had, had the internet available to them, you’d have never heard about Waterloo or Stalingrad.

1 Like

Just been told by a friend in the Home Counties that it is proposed we all hold church parades during which everyone renews their oaths of allegiance/cadet promise as a fitting way to celebrate the coronation, especially since the blanket ban on anything during the period following the death of ER II.

Seems a good idea, despite the fact I believe church parades have been discouraged for decades due to lack of inclusivity, I’m sure a public event such as this will give RAFAC some valuable publicity and visibility both locally and nationally.

I’m equally sure local plod will enjoy all the PMEs that’ll be generated.

1 Like

As a Squadron, staff and cadets we all renewed our promise in church at Christmas time. It was a really nice service and very enjoyable.

We always have church service for ATC Sunday as well.

1 Like