Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

It’s all on Sharepoint

Just chinned my weekend activity off. Don’t have time to be running around doing DLE modules tomorrow and given I’ve still received nothing formally I CBA with this chaos.

7 Likes

One point of clarification which is useful I just had from a contact at HQ is that the interim policy only applies in the Amber areas, not elsewhere.

Thats bacially what i said. Just 3 magnitides more verbose!

I wasnt particularly replying to your point. I just thought it would be good, for an external reader to see where the real issues are for those of us on the ground.

We need to be clear to external readers what our issues are, so that they realise we’re not just moaning for the sake of it, or because we hate change but because the policies have flaws we cannot work with.

8 Likes

They already do this to cover security on the various public and contractors gates i doubt there is anyone left…

This is isn’t unusual and in my experience cannot recall it ever being at anything but draft at this stage

:man_shrugging: <<<here

However at least we’re not finding out via Cadets who saw it on SM before Staff
#littlewins

4 Likes

Why have they become so jumpy about weather? It is irritating we’ve been tarred with the same brush as the pillocks at all levels in the armed forces who have caused weather related problems that have become news stories.
We’ve been dealing cadets in all sorts of weather conditions for years without major problems I’m aware of, before MoD seat warmers decided to point out the blindingly obvious.
We had our sports day at school yesterday; water cannisters, gazebos, chairs and steady supply of ice pops. What the kids doing running around and behaving like teenagers. The only injuries were a couple of twisted ankles.

The best thing is don’t arrange things June-Sep because it might be a bit warm or Nov-Feb as it might be a bit chilly. Not forgetting rain/wind throughout the year.

SO the RAFAC stop everything and the cadets act like kids do, outside on bikes in parks etc, no water, no sunscreen, no shade and no oversight of these things.

1 Like

But not HQAC problem!

2 Likes

Oh indeed it isn’t, but some proportionality is lacking.

Sensible email from my Wing CO about parade nights during the weather ahead. Isn’t going for a 1 size fits all approach just a suggestion that staff really take a look at what they have planned and the training benefit compared to the risk, if in doubt don’t do it.

Decision left to OC’s but got his thoughts and concerns across. (My unit has already set sports kit as the dress even though they won’t be doing sport).

3 Likes

I’ve got 4 cadets who will be playing a 40 over cricket game on Sunday from 12:00 until 18:00, if it goes the full course.
How do I know? Because I’ve got 3 playing in my team and 1 for the opposition.

What rules and regulations will we be using? What chain of command? What manuals will we be referring to?

None. We will be using old fashioned common sense. Anyone else remember that?

3 Likes

But you’re not playing to RAFAC rules but to common sense ones.

Playing to RAFAC rules just wouldn’t be cricket…

5 Likes

I suspect ‘bowling a maiden over’ would be strictly forbidden.

5 Likes

Warning just raised to Red for Monday/Tuesday according to Met Office

I had orienteering planned for Monday night, but have postponed it.

Not willing to take the risk for something non-essential. We’ll do something smaller on the squadron instead.

3 Likes

A trip to the pool would be a good shout! Or the local branch of Iceland

1 Like

How long will it taking HQRAFAC to update their guidance I wonder. Im guessing a full stop order for the affected areas reaches the affected areas on Wednesday morning after taking multiple days to filter down …. Unless they just decide to close the entire corps down again as part of the corp is in a red area……

4 Likes

Well there’s now a red weather warning in place for RAF fairford on Monday and Tuesday…