Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

Not quite.

Don’t get me wrong, still very very hot in the PM with the highs of 35

BBC shows red…

Sod that. If my trial comes out next week. (Almost guaranteed thanks to the strike) I’m taking a melt day.

It’s like a snow day, but I melt instead.

5 Likes

Moment you hit a red weather warning it’s stand down for the effected area. Threat to life

Can you image being on a minibus or car that gets stuck in traffic or breaks down.

9 Likes

The precedent has been set…

3 Likes

They clearly don’t want to do that again, hence the interim policy from Wednesday night.

But it’s already out of date in light of the red warnings and red alert from govt.

2 Likes

Shutting RIAT would be a huge loss of face that they can’t do. They’ve made a rod for their own back.

1 Like

But now they must do. Even if Fairford isn’t within the red, it’s certainly on the edge. What will be within the red is cadets traveling by coach/bus/car during Monday/Tuesday.

2 Likes

What was that phrase Tony used… “do what is right, not what is easy” :wink:

Which shows it wasn’t a particularly sensible decision, and makes them look stupid for backing it up after they made it

7 Likes

Fairford is just inside the Amber so they can probably run but those wanting to visit probably won’t be able to attend.

Sunk cost fallacy?

They can run with no visitors from the east.

1 Like

Can you imagine how horrendous it would be? In 12x12s! Are they even the Air Con ones?

3 Likes

Where’s the epicentre of the heat island - just trying to work out who would be nearest.

At the moment.

I would be looking at it and thinking “what’s the likelihood of an update that causes that line to shift?” and “is the impact of that shifting in our favour after mitigating the other way worth the risk of an update coming through over the weekend when it will be harder to get the message out that doesn’t go in our favour?”.

I’ve been itchy this week about Saturday and that’s never even been amber.

3 Likes

Camp still going ahead as of this moment - just done all the RA’s and canx a few serials. This Red warning may change it up again.

With a red warning surely RIAT itself will have to look at whether it’s safe to operate on the Monday let alone the Cadet side of the event.

Nope.

12x 48 - with 20-24 Cadets in
12-24s with 8-10 Staff in

some of the tents will have the trunks for Ac units but more chance of seeing the Vulcan flying at RIAT than tent ac units being used (there is only just enough power on site to run the strip lights in the tents - an AC unit per tent is going to overload any system and require a mass of infrastructure to make it viable (and discipline to keep doors and windows closed to trap the cool air

4 Likes

Mass covid outbreaks then…

2 Likes

The map will be red for a different reason in that case!