Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

Controversial :open_mouth:

Only if you for some reason think that it’s somehow different to any other air show!

Interesting to see that DofE have sent participants an email about the upcoming hot weather, suggesting that they can adjust routes, timings and aim to avoid walking in the hottest part of the day.

Suprised to have nothing from them as a leader though.

1 Like

I got an email from them at 0600 this morning :slightly_smiling_face:

I received an email first thing this am as a leader too

Me too

Have you signed up for emails from them? Got mine that route this morning

There some interesting topics on heat and DofE on the various DofE FB pages

1 Like

“Should you drink a cold or hot drink to help you cool down in the heat” was my favourite :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

Personally, you can’t beat a nice hot cup of tea to cool you down on a hot day, unless it’s a cold cider :rofl::rofl::rofl:

And it’s still in DRAFT. That’s unless there is a ‘hidden’ version somewhere, and that one has been authorised. because the one on SMS only has 47 cadets down as going !!!

Not at all.

When we attend our local airshow(s) we dont wear uniform but for RIAT there has been an instruction “all to wear No2 uniform” - hence not wearing it is controversial (not that attending an airshow is)

There are sub apps for each wing with their cadets on there. (which are also all still in draft.)

2 Likes

RIAT

Right
Imbecciles
Attempting
Training

Training is a bit much,

How about Toil? Or Travail?

1 Like

Just so you are aware, vitriol like this (CFAV to CFAV) is one of the reasons I’ve chosen NEP for a while.
This is not even aimed at me as I’m not involved… but it is a symptom of a wider problem.

Congratulations, you are part of the problem.

12 Likes

It also doesn’t make sense - it’s not training.

1 Like

Enjoy NEP.

If we’re going to be personal. As what you have written certainly is.
High and mightys like yourself are why many have left too.

But never mind. I will still be here when you return.

No it’s not. It’s calling you out on another post which directs unnecessary abuse towards CFAVs who are doing their role in the organisation to the best of their ability, which I consider out of order. Especially as there may be a multitude of reasons beyond their control for what you perceive as their failings. And I also consider such examples a problem within the wider organisation; and your posts make you part of that.

Those who know me understand full well that I am neither high nor mighty. But I will say when people are being chumps.

10 Likes

And, we leave that there…

1 Like

Had an email from my Wing Commander that “RHQ is reviewing all planned and authorised SMS activities scheduled for this period. In some cases this may lead to the postponement of activities, depending on their nature, location and duration, balanced against the necessity of it taking place.”

If they’re going ahead with RIAT, they can’t really tell anyone else they have to cancel what they’re doing :sweat_smile:

3 Likes