Climatic Injuries Training - Pause and Reassess Order July 2022

JSP375 states that all suspected and confirmed heat illness casualties must be reported and investigated.

1 Like

Indeed its interesting,
It was added when the event was approved so think it was more a note for the PXR, not as the result of something happening.

Team leaders had to pass the news on at Heumensoord

Wow. And some words.

2 Likes

Yes, they were.

1 Like

I’ll start reporting my papercuts at the same time. Who knows - it might lead to a reduction in paperwork :joy:

3 Likes

Unless you give yourself a papercut with the paperwork for reporting the papercut. Then you need to do it again

2 Likes

Can’t say I’m surprised

I wonder how information got out to civvie teams as they are normally all over the place!!

1 Like

I doubt they got much, we didn’t.

A singular case, maybe not.

More than one case in a short time? I would have thought that doing so would be best practice.

Its certainly what we do in my workplace.

2 Likes

Didnt the commandant literally just tell CFAVs to “do what is right, not what is easy”. Interesting to see the complete lack of integrity from anyone making those decisions.

6 Likes

You need a personnel on the event to still see it…

Doh.

I hear it’s only 22 degrees there today as well…

1 Like

It is, it feels like room temperature outside…

You can still view it if you have the link, I think… Anyone care to share?

Unlikely as at there is a

which takes place ~September and when details for RIAT 2023 will begin.

I have seen the minutes for these wash ups, they are not a few hours of an evening when enough people are free but a two day/weekend event starting Saturday morning running until Sunday afternoon until such time ppl need to leave to get home.

FA incidents although not discussed on the individual basis stats indicating a breakdown of what occurred and the reasons behind these to draw upon any patterns which come from that data are considered and thought about for the following year.

yes - uniform is dictated by the activity which is reconsidered on a H&S basis before compliance with AP1358c
meal times are factored in with a wide variety of options (except for the packed lunches) available.
“working hours” logs are completed for each of the flights by the Flight IC - who are responsible for their 12 Cadets - the vast majority of whom have a 2IC, and will certainly have a Cdt SNCO to assist too

2 Likes

Only if HQAC types can get some SM action and talk testes about the cadets … because they sod all of the reality.

1 Like

Between failing to inform CFAVs about medal eligibility, approving the bare minimum on the RIAT SMS application and canning Nijmegen past the last second, it’s not been a good couple of months for this organization…

4 Likes

Only a couple months?

2 Likes