CI "Membership Cards"

So do this mean RAFAC are now able to retain their MOD 90

The defence discount scheme has an enrollment system whereby you have to submit physical proof of service - you canā€™t just type in a made up number and get the card through the post.

I imagine whatever the new veterans card thing is will use the same software.

With regards to the cadet forces being the soft underbelly of MOD security, Iā€™m afraid that thatā€™s the cadet forces bigging themselves up and the regular forces ignoring their own failings - weā€™ve already had a Royal Marine of 6 years service being unmasked as a bombmaker, quartermaster and intelligence officer for the Continuity IRA, and the far right, and I mean actual Naziā€™s, infiltrate an infantry battalion.

CFAVā€™s are, in that scheme of things, mouse pooā€¦

3 Likes

The MOD90 isnā€™t going anywhere.

I dint say they were. If a member of the forces leaving is now able to retain their mod 90 will RAFAC be doing the same

RAFAC are not allowedā€¦ there was something published a few weeks back as you will not be a veteranā€¦

Thatā€™s kind of understandable but why though would a sea cadet PO who has never done any military service be issued a veterans status/badge??

Interestingly, the MOD website states you can apply if you served in the regular or volunteer reserve. I wonder if that includes honoury RNR? Or VR(T) for that matterā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As VR (not, VR(T) - no such commission) qualified for a Veterans badge (and I know some who applied for and received it), then I imagine as it was\is classed as a Reserve Air Force of the Crown that members just might be able to apply for the card.

2 Likes

More precisely those in the Ivory towers at Cranwell who seem to on an ego trip. Donā€™t they realise they left the RAF and they are doing this only because it pays more than B&Q/ASDA/Teso or doing the doors at 'spoons.

bought off ebay maybe?? You have to apply for it from MODMO they then check the records and issueā€¦ however you could fail week 1 of basic and get one as there is no time criteria !

Extract from DIN (no classification): The DIN made clear that ā€˜this policy on MOD Form 90 retention applies only to Regular and Reserve Service leavers of the UK Armed Forces on discharge. It does not apply to any other category of MOD Form 90 ID card holderā€.

Therefore, when ceasing to be members of the Cadet Forces, CFAVs must continue to surrender their MOD Form 90 at which point it is to be destroyed in line with current policy.

But those of you that held VR commissions could keep yours?

Finally, the read reason why the CFC was introduced.

4 Likes

Do these have to be requested via WHQ now?

Nope, you can get them via Unit Admin > Graphics on Cadet Portal. Make sure the person needing one has a clear photo with a neutral background, or they canā€™t use it.

Not sure if itā€™s anyone that can order them, or just OCā€™s.

The graphics people are still working at RAF Cranwell, but with reduced staff so it might take a little longer than normal.

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks. My WHQ got in touch to say theyā€™d ordered one for me (a bit bizarre, but nothing wrong with being proactive!) but I couldnā€™t hit the button on my SMS profile so was curious.

Anyone can hit the request button but then unit OCs still have to click the authorise button!

1 Like

I ordered one before going into uniform back in 2018/2019 and still havenā€™t received it.

I havenā€™t got my commissioning scroll either. :joy:

Iā€™ve got one. Every time Iā€™ve tried to use it the guardroom have said ā€˜I donā€™t know what this isā€™ :joy:

3 Likes

Same. I think I ordered it three times in the end and nothing arrived. Iā€™m still waiting to be gazetted and get my scroll, and for my Flg Off paperwork to be processed.

1 Like