Celebrating Success / Feel Good Stories from the RAFAC

You had flying today?

We did, and all 6 flew.

The previous WAvnO allocations were based on bids and we bid for every single slot every single time.

If it was a PM slot, was your’s I saw overhead my house…

2 Likes

Did AT today.

Not going to lie, I was dreading it. The last few have been cancelled through lack of interest from the cadets - and even this one saw a high drop out rate.

BUT we took the decision to force it through. And so pleased we did! Alongside the navigation training and sensible discussion about adventure training, we also walked, talked and explored some incredible and diverse subjects - and I learned as much as I hope they did!! (I didn’t know a juvenile trout is called a “Parr”).

#win

7 Likes

Awesome Wing awards event this afternoon…great stuff from lots of Cadets/Ex Cadets/CFAVs

Also Cake offering was a 10/10

4 Likes

I have had a productive weekend at Cranwell with most of my training resource development team and some of the space instructor team.

We got a lot done, including producing more silver space content, drafting assessment ideas for the BTEC in Space Studies, writing a space instructor train-the-trainer course and integrating some practical activities for the silver syllabus!

We have also released some fantastic new Radio and Radar training resources today for Senior/Master Air Cadet. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Self taught? Or will I have to go on a 6 week course with my wing space officer to be put on a list to give out a blue badge?

2 Likes

Not a joking matter.
These rafac non courses to be able to teach basic science are insulting.
If compentant, there should be no need to attend.
Self certification of compentence for non risk to life should be allowed also.

Empire building breeds from these non courses.

2 Likes

I agree. Empire building, local rules, people that enjoy creating roadblocks rather than removing them; I have no time for that and gladly sweep it out the way in my AoR.

It’s a shame the revolutionary idea of trying to get things done is drowned out by the army of self harming CFAV that get off on saying no.

2 Likes
  1. this is a good news stories thread. Take your moaning elsewhere.
  2. sure, I bet we have loads of people who have a knowledge of space good enough to actually teach people :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
5 Likes

We’ve built the space syllabus to make it as easy as possible for anyone to deliver who has an interest, so we won’t be making people do the course just to run space training at their squadron. Instead, it will be something optional that staff can upskill themselves if they want to.

The initial batch of space instructors went to the National Space Centre earlier this year and were shown lots of exciting practical activities that can be delivered very cheaply or at no cost to units. Essentially, it will show staff how to do some practical experiments to make the syllabus more interesting for their cadets. It will be no more than a day and will be run locally. :slight_smile:.

6 Likes

That sounds amazing, the practical side will be awesome! Fantastic job by you and the rest of the team.

And really refreshing there’s no tickbox course that needs to be attended, makes it so much easier for us to deliver it.

4 Likes

Like I said, good news and celebrating success. Take it to PM if you want, but leave this thread alone.

2 Likes

Pretty awesome. Getting Air Chief Marshall Sir Stephen Hillier to pop in for a Sqn visit!

1 Like

And damn the facilities that squadron has.

7 Likes

How tall is that WO??? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Very.

I forgot how tall he was until I thumbed through those photos.

Loving that flight sim. Only slightly jealous.

3 Likes

Just reminds me of the disparity across the Corps.

If your HQ building is good. Everything is possible.

If your building is too small or knackered, that’s all you can focus on.

The Analogy is 2 people both with dreams, both with ability, but one is in bad debt.

7 Likes
17 Likes