Carol Vorderman - Group Captain (Retired)

Yes - just look at the state of the Met Police !!

1 Like

Gp Capt Kaz has been getting very political recently having a go at Lady Mone and the now, former Conservative Party chairman on Twitter. I think she’s good for the RAFAC overall but I wonder if all this political stuff is good.

2 Likes

I agree that she has been good for the RAFAC, but getting into the political arena is dangerous - I thought we were meant to be apolitical !
Maybe she’s looking at becoming an MP…

As long as she doesn’t start making political statements in her capacity as ambassador

12 Likes

Exactly. People are allowed lives and beliefs as far as it isn’t extending or directly linked to the uniform.

6 Likes

This being the reason why I have separate Twitter accounts for RAFAC stuff and political stuff. And of course us mere CFC mortals are allowed to stand for election to our local councils, if we so choose, provided we don’t mix the politics with RAFAC.

4 Likes

In the last 24 hours she has posted 26 tweets.
Unfortunately, all of them were political rantings and she has made no mention of how fantastic our cadets were at the coronation yesterday!

Maybe she has checked out alongside the change of Comdt

3 Likes

Which is a good thing as if her posts are all political then it it wouldn’t be appropriate to call attention to her cadet role although Felicity Mercer did call her out & tagged CAS.

Having seen her appearances, this morning, LBC etc I am wondering if she is being paid to be an anti-government pundit & lobbist.

I note that there was also no comment re the cadets from the honorary Air Commodore-in-Chief of the Air Training Corps

1 Like

You should drop the commandant an email to ask of her status and highlight the issues you have with her.

4 Likes

Or maybe ask on VoP if the concern is that strong :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Just unfollow her. That’ll teach her!

4 Likes

She is a waste of space. Her political ranting aside, the way she acted on the trip to Texas she attended with cadets was bizarre. Having heard from one of the cadets who attended. She offered to take the group out for a meal and sent the reps home from Lockheed who were waiting to pay for a meal for the group. She then vanished, seemingly spending her evening with a former Red Arrows pilot who was in the area. The group were left to fend for themselves.

Complete waste of space, who clearly saw an opportunity for herself in this Air Cadets role.

I am (hopefully) assuming these Cadets were 18+?

Aye. There was a couple of staff too. But that’s not the point. She offered something, the hosts of the event who had been organising food etc prior to this were told they could head home. Leaving the group in the lurch while she went off with someone else.

Oh yeah, 100% not a great impression. I was just thinking if under 18s were left alone in Texas, I’d be surprised I hadn’t heard of this sooner.

Nah all over 18, was Top Male and Female Cadets from ATC, plus Top CCF cadet, Ganderton Sword winner from the ATC, plus someone from HQAC media, and Vorderman ofc…

Still not the point.

Can you imagine the consequences of a Reg Comdt doing similar, but no, a big TV star gets away with it :angry:

I don’t like her political rants, she has very much jumped onto a personal bandwagon.

However, she was very much into enjoying her time with cadets when she visited our sqn a few yrs ago,

2 Likes

I personally think that her time should be up.

Mag to grid.

7 Likes