BPSS processing issue

I had to go looking, being surprised that I posted something authorative on the subject of DBS’s :joy:

As only adults are being vaccinated probably wasn’t enhanced so no police check, that tends to be the bottleneck/main hold up.

But when mine went through pre-pandemic it took DBS Cheadle Hulme about 3 weeks to get it in the system so they do add to the problem.

It’s enhanced too

One of my BPSS gripes is that the applicant is apparently supposed to gather there own references, this makes the process take ages.

But also in what world does anyone gather there own references, surely contact details should be provided and references requested by WHQ staff.

1 Like

Also the references aren’t checked. Mine weren’t, and of the 3 other staff I asked, none of their references were checked either.

Though we may not want to post that on an open forum or all the RAFAC BPSS (and therefore SC) will be withdrawn and MOD90s confiscated.

Both my references were checked, and so were all who done it at the same time as me. In fact, I’m pretty sure my wing are doing 100% checks (probably why it’s taking so long).

Is it WHQs that should do the checks? Or is there a separate service that it goes to? Not actually sure of the process but assumed it was WHQs that do the checks. Maybe because I’m already known by them they didn’t feel the need to. (same with the others I asked, none were new members of staff, but getting BPSS because of the policy change)

BPSS paperwork and checks go no further than WHQ and onto SMS to my knowledge

Sadly true :sweat_smile:

My BPSS paperwork was submitted to WHQ before Christmas. Nothing added on SMS as yet. I’m not in a rush as my DBS is still good for another 2 years - I was just trying to be efficient in being the August deadline…

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Have you chased it at all? I think a courtesy email asking (nicely) for an update may be in order!

Welcome to the forum also! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks - been hovering around here long enough, thought it was about time I started contributing!

It has been chased by my Sqn OC and I have no intention of rocking any boats just now. He did mention that I’m no longer on the list of people needing a BPSS, so I’m assuming it’s just in an e-pile somewhere waiting to be added.

1 Like

IBN 18 - 2020 : Temporary Changes To The Royal Air Force Air Cadet BPSS Process Due to COVID-19 has been updated and re-published

As helpful as this is.

Can NON bader emails be sent with BPSS info to a bader email. To then forward to wexo.

Without this, there are certain wexos who will continue to avoid and refuse doing BPSS checks.

Probably not as far as I’m aware it’s the uncertainty around the security of the non bader email address

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Could always just send it to a bader email and have the bader user remove all trace of it coming from an external email.

For what it’s worth, mine went personal account -> WExO with no issues. My personal data after all.

1 Like

IBN 018-2020 has been republished and includes provision for electronic means for BPSS and DBS.

I’m not the blocker. They are.

If something that simple would get them to do their job. I would have done it.

I despair.