BPSS processing issue

During the early spring2020/late winter of 2019 before the lock down, I have submit BPSS and SC agreement form via Sqn to Wing. From which I never heard back again until recently.
Last week, I have been inform by officer in my sqn that the forms are not lost but stuck in a paperwork pile in Wing and that I need to resubmit the forms electronically again: Asking people for references and signatures, scan passports, refilling in statements and declarations etc.

The difficulty is being compounded the fact that I need to find additional personnel for reference, when I over half way into my next stage of life and haven’t stay in contact with those who have completed the form one year ago.

I am struggling to understand how admin works in Wing, and given that lockdown is going to be eased very soon, should I just wait until Wing office is back open and for them the pick thing up? Or should I start the email chain process and begin asking other people to complete forms and scan them? Kind of struggling to come up with these people at the same time.

Part of me regret being optimistic that I didn’t need to make a back up, and that it would be sorted within a month in the first place.

I thought there was a stop on this due to GDPR issues

The form requires the sponsor to view the actual document. The next best thing that I can do is digital scans.

1 Like

Admin doesn’t work in RAFAC.

2 Likes

Complain to region, that’s absurd and they can’t be allowed to get away with that as if it’s perfectly normal behaviour.

2 Likes

It doesn’t.

Nope. Nothing heard about that here from WHQ and I sent some off yesterday.

My limited understanding is that all BPSS has to be done face to face at the minute.
I.e. not at all during lockdown.

Its pathetic.

Surely teams could be used? Just hold passport or whatever up to the camera.

Without boss people cant be appointed.
Without appointment they cant use ultilearn
Without ultilearn they cant do mandatory training.
Without mandatory training they cant finish their probation.

Without finishing probation they cant do off Sqn activities.

What a total unmitigated farce.

@james_elliott what is the score with this?

1 Like

Your understanding has not made it as far as my wing, who haven’t told me anything of the sort and I sent digital copies of forms and ID to them yesterday.

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Great just my wing being stupid as usual.

No, it could be that mine are ignoring their directives or haven’t even had them yet.

1 Like

Probably this… I know we’re in the same region and for us it’s a recent stop on electronic and only face to face when permitted

I think LASER have a common sense approach to BPSS from what I’ve seen, but common sense is unlikely to catch on elsewhere.

Morning All,

Rumour control:

• Firstly, please refer to and read IBN 18-20
  • Secondly, an updated IBN on BPSS and DBS should be issued shortly - it has been working its way through legal advice et al
9 Likes

The joining admin in general was a real pain, I got my SNCO appointment letter Octobter last year, initial contact was July 2018 so plenty of pre pandemic time. DBS took an age, combination of Cheadle Hulme and local police force, by which time the signatures were out of date so new BPSS form was needed, then HQAC changed the version and insisted the new version was completed with different reference requirements to original, getting wet signature from manager was a nightmare as I only visited the office every other week, in a different country so snail mail would have been even longer. Covid hit 2 weeks after I submitted SC.

I just learnt to accept it after reading numerous threads on here and jumped through the hoops. Just have faith you will get there in the end :slight_smile:

Really don’t want to start unnecessary email chains and asking people for favors, my motivation for volunteering is now severely dampened if this is a regular thing.
Waiting over a year only to get a “you need to redo the entire thing again,” whilst being projected with the image that it will be sorted within months.
I feel like by the time I get all the relevant signatures, lockdown would be eased and they should have access back to my original forms right?

I don’t know if there is any additional dispensation but when mine went through the signatures have to be less than 90 days old so likely you would need to repeat anyway

And it should be nowhere near that time by the time they process it anyway. Mine nearly got rejected because WHQ took so long the person who gave me a reference had forgot they filled it out which seemed to set alarm bells ringing when WHQ phoned them…

Stay on topic please, and try not to be insulting to people.

I currently have the following options

1. Complete forms electronically, I need to find someone for personal reference but I don’t have keep contact with my head of sixth form and my uni tutor doesn’t know me well enough so I need suggestions of who I can ask as an unemployed full time uni student.
    2a) Wait and see what happens when lock down is eased, ideally they can find the physical copy.
    2b) Wait until face to face is allow so that I don’t need to email chains and get sig easily.