BPSS processing issue

Got a doctor who can do it? Or family friend who’s a solicitor or lawyer?

Lawyers don’t have friends

3 Likes

Might as well get it done by an Estate Agent or a Traffic Warden

1 Like

Hmmm, looking at the document it doesn’t say anything about not people you volunteer with, so OC + an officer should also fine?

I do references for some of my staff cadets for their BPSS.

I was told only one can be internal, but as you say it doesn’t say that anywhere

This is what we have been told, so one uniformed staff plus one outside the organisation. At least it makes it a bit easier - most people know of one person that can help, two can be tricky for some.

1 Like

We’ve been told to use Sqn Staff for Cadet BPSS References until lockdown is over.

We’ve also been told to email everything in to Wing HQ, other than DBS Forms, they must be the original sent by Snail Mail. There does seem to be quite a bit of variance between Wings though :roll_eyes:

What?

The original is supposed to stay with the certificate owner!

Sorry, I might not have made myself clear, the application form for DBS, they’ve asked for that in original form via Snail Mail. Every other application form they are taking via Email.

DBS Certificates when received back, they want a copy emailed to them, although I’d like my Cadet to actually receive his certificate…we’re still waiting!

1 Like

Mine was all internal references and I can’t think of a staff cadet that has ever had any external references.

Hard copy DBS forms has not changed during the pandemic, but appreciate the document verification process could be problematic.

Out of interest, does anyone know if the document verification process would become electronic as well of we moved to the online DBS system (like many many many other organisations?). Given that passports and driving licences can be verified and renewed online, if this capability was in place it would mean potentially only one other document would need to be verified by someone.

i forget when, and where but it was discussed on this forum in the last few months that basically the answer is “no” as there are civil servants who’d lose their job if that happened and alternative jobs would need to be found first…

Mustn’t… comment… argh… pain too great…something… something …dark …side…

Civil service… arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UKSV have allowed Civi employers as part of BPSS to allow people hold video conference so that your ref can take a screenshot of the proofs that your using for application and detailed on your form and the ref then sends a copy of the screenshot of you holding up your proofs to send directly to the vetting dept and the checks are approved and complete however once lockdown is over they will need to see physical copies of your proofs etc so it’s a work around but allows things to continue

Having used the online form when coaching football, the DBS application maybe online but proof of ID still had to be checked and verified physically by someone authorized to do so who then updated the application through a portal, a couple of years since I applied through that method but believe that still applies

Cheadle Hulme was marked for closure in 2023 along with other DBS sites as part of a strategic review so maybe there will be some movement on that

Applied for a vaccinator post, all documentation checks online. DBS appeared a few days (yes!) later.

1 Like

that is the badger, i couldn’t remember the place name,

after a search I found the following

Source: Preparing to Return to F2F Activity... Again/Still

but as identified with CH due to close who knows what will happen

Surely not some common sense?

My DBS with the school, SJA and RVS have all been online. The first one (pre-pandemic) required a face to face document check. The other two did it with a video chat.