Bader Units Rollout

At the moment units is only for Learn so if you can’t do something in units for learn it will need to go in there :slight_smile:

these channels. :grin:

The ones all labelled learn not units :thinking::wink:

So far the only feedback I’ve got RE units is on GUI related things rather than bugs related to learn, which is why I thought those channels weren’t the correct place for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Seems good so far. Main glitch is that it doesn’t seem to be working for senior/master exam allocation at the moment.

It’s managed to fix itself now so all is good!

It didn’t just fix itself :wink:

Guess they’re one step ahead of me :joy:

1 Like

Is there any training material out there already for us Luddites, who are expected to be using Learn and Units as of next week?

It will be issued on day off deployment :+1:

Harder to lose the email that way

It’s also pretty intuitive so if you’re ok operating SMS you’ll be fine with Units and Learn

Can Role accounts log into Units?

No, you must use your personal account. (The Joe.Bloggs100) the role accounts (adj.1234) are only for SMS/AMS AFAIK.

Ah right, wont be able to access it then. Staff Cadets doing the Adj role arent in the budget for a license :man_shrugging:t2:

You’re not alone in that position. It’s been mentioned on Teams that there will be a solution for this soon though, so I guess wait out!

1 Like

This is a problem we need to solve.

Along with the lack of access for squadron generic accounts, and a way of sharing files with cadets (portal allows them to download but not to upload stuff like completed workbooks).

I thought they were, as they were doing a specific role. They weren’t given to staff cadets generally…

‘Unfortunately the current policy is Microsoft licences are not being issued to Staff Cadets due the extra cost we have to pay for every licence. This is under review so may change in the future if extra budget can be found, but for the moment you won’t be able to have a RAFAC email address or access SharePoint, sorry.’

Apparently not. This the the reply I got from the Bader Helpdesk when asked about it

Ask your OC to raise it via Valuing Our People on Teams

EDIT: Also try to log into units with your Cadet Portal Login

1 Like

Learn and Units are Microsoft services? I thought they’d be similar to SMS where you could just use the squadron general account and your own user account. Will be a shame for staff cadets, especially if they’re in a trgo or adj role.

Cannot overstate how glad I will be to see the back of UltiFail. Never worked correctly and completely demoralising for cadets who get the “Solarflare of doom” halfway through an exam.

Hopeful for a much better experience with Learn (although expecting some problems with the initial release - that’s always to be expected of a new system). Just glad of the seemingly extensive volunteer involvement!

3 Likes