Bader Units Rollout

What I have seen of Bader learn looks good, can we just get on with pressing the GO button as cadets would really get the benefits and we finally be rid of ulti ‘learn’. If release is waiting until it is ready, it will never be ready. My concern is it is currently the wrong side of the firewalk for cadets to access at their own pace but that said what is there is an excellent step forward. When it is launched it will provide A good opportunity for continuous development.,

Any updates or information on both Units and RAFAC Learn? Really struggling finding info on the Bader Hub. Will be good to see how it will look and the MVP

This update yesterday? Or were you hoping for more?

Was hoping to see the actual scope and MVP. Like how is this going to work? Bader hub I’m finding not very user friendly

The last SharePoint update regarding units highlighted the launch to North region which included links to some video content and other articles. Sign in to your account

1 Like

I’ve asked our OC about this and he’s not even looked at it. I’ve logged in and see no cadets or staff listed. Is he supposed to assign things to us CI’s or is it meant to be empty?

Your OC needs to login and allocate roles (appointments) more details on how to do this available on the Bader Hub.

Better odds of this

Screenshot

1 Like

Why has units been rolled out and seemingly unless i have this wrong… sms not been switched off in those areas…
Which right minded person, will use a developmental system in a voluntary role by choice, as extra effort to deliver what the current system can

Even if ‘for the greater good’

No wonder people on here are saying they havent seen it. Sqn OCs arent stupid. We dont make extra work for oursleves normally!

Because no SMS functionality has been replaced at this time.

Units brings Appointments and replaces the form based Transfer / Supernumerary / Appointment processes, It also brings access to Learn and Exam allocation.

SO to enrol YOUR cadets for exams/courses YOU need to have a ROLE at that unit, the initial role allocation is likely to be a 10 - 15 min task depending on the number of staff you have.

Not being in North Region I have no access to Units so can’t really comment further.

4 Likes

Update that this is now available in LaSER!

So will units also allow access to events etc as is within SMS currently do you know? I assumed that is what it would already have, but alas not.

Also RE transfers, this doesn’t appear to be in there yet! At least not that I can see. Also interesting that Supernumerary staff don’t show up under the staff list. Maybe this is a permissions thing as I’m currently looking at it with what I assume are the default permissions.

The only Units functionality made available is to support the deployment of Learn.

Appointments has been delayed to iron out some policy wrinkles and it’s this module that makes transfers a workflow rather than emailed form.

Not at this stage, initially units will add functionality that is not available within SMS, over time functionality will be migrated from SMS to Units, but this could be a 5 year transition project.

1 Like

Daaaaaaaaaamn.

1 Like

fixed that for you :laughing:

1 Like

Has anyone been able to have a go at units yet?

I’ve logged in and I’ve got no cadets showing in my area of responsibility (I’m a LASER Sqn Adj) is it only something OCs and Training officers can use to set exams? Or is there something my OC needs to do?

OCs need to assign roles i believe.

I didn’t think the roles system was active on units yet?

I’m LaSER, and don’t currently hold an exec role. When I log in, it all seems to work fine. I see all the cadets and staff, but I don’t see supernumerary staff. My OC hasn’t changed anything with permissions, that’s just how it worked out the box!

Please raise this via the feedback channel on Teams

Is there a feedback channel for Units? I can only see one of Learn?