Bader Units Rollout

Erm… what.

What are ‘projects officers’…

Never heard such a non job phrase in my life!

Normally see it at region/HQAC level. Temporary primary roles.

An example I know of is the person who was project officer for getting all of the flight sims that supposedly exist at WACs/RACs…

Knowing how my wing works…they will be attached to a Sqn and the OC of said Sqn will be briefed that they wont see them and they are a Wing post holder…its BS

Ah ok.
I was thinking this was a role that some Sqns were trying to pass off on their units!

I think the book has them as ‘WSO (generic)’.

As I understand, most wings use them to engineer their unique structure or to award dos jobs that don’t actually exist.

1 Like

A project officer for 1 or 2 events per year doesn’t need to be a formal “appointment”.
It can just be an email to those concerned stating that “Flt Lt Bloggs is the project officer for this event… They can be contacted on joseph.bloggs109@rafac…”
In 2 months when the big event is over they cease to be the project officer.

3 Likes

@mprentice1 - As you got from Ben here:

Have you heard any more about the rollout? Keen to know if we are going to get Units and maybe even Learn in the early new year!

We’ve heard nothing more about Units or Learn

1 Like

Fingers crossed… It will happen when it happens, but its strange the updates both on Bader and social media have dried up completely in the last 6 months or so.

It seemed we were getting updates every week or two and then nothing at all.

1 Like

I really don’t know what’s changed, we got so many updates when Cadet Portal first launched, but get essentially nothing with Units and Learn.

2 Likes

Months on, it’s never been used here. I don’t think my CO or Adj are aware of it.

sorry, it?

I pity everyone… you all still beliebe a viable learning platform is still coming…

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Units.

I know we have access. I also know it’s not been looked at once.

Morning all,

I think it is fair to say that we have learnt a lot over the past year in building Learn and Units, both projects have been significant and where they have clashed with other non-negotiable work such as the JPA move and the move of our infrastructure to a new MOD environment, our progress has been slower than we would have liked it to be.

Communications around the projects has been slower, we don’t have a dedicated comms role anymore and that often means that where the focus is on doing the work itself, the updates have become less frequent, I’ll take this away to explore though because we do want to keep people informed as much as we can.

As to where we’re at at the moment, Units is still live with North region and Herts & Bucks, we continue working with volunteers and permanent staff to refine some of the processes there before launching it to the wider organisation. Learn is now live with North region and Herts & Bucks, we’ll be monitoring this with the volunteers and cadets using it before we roll out to the rest of the organisation.

We really do want to get these platforms out there, the initial launch of the platforms is key for us to return to a more agile release programme which is where we want to be. The biggest change we have to adjust to is that unlike Cadet Portal, the system we’re working on now are changing significant policy and process across the administration of the organisation and getting that right with colleagues that have to process claims, administer data etc is key and we’ve had to take much more time unpicking those areas than we had to with Cadet Portal.

Hopefully we’ll have some really exciting releases soon!

9 Likes

Much appreciated on the update.

It certainly seems things are slower than expected, but that isn’t really a surprise! It is a big undertaking after all. I remember someone talking about the project in the early days saying the code is almost the easy but, the hard bit is realising there’s different policy for the same things and it all needs realigning for the digital system to come together properly. Not sure if that is still true in this case!

I’m certainly looking forward to Units; Mostly because that then means Learn can finally be deployed!

1 Like

Is it?! I’m in North, haven’t heard thing one about it.

It is, information went out via OC Wings. There is a Team that North Region CFAV can join Join conversation

Each request is reviewed so only North region invites will be accepted currently.

2 Likes

How long ago, out of interest?

Reason I ask is that we just got the message and the invite to tonight’s session sent out across the Wing.

Less than 1hr’s notice.

Don’t expect high attendance.

It was launched to North Region in 30 Aug 22 according to the Bader Hub

Edit to add Link - Units Beta Launch to North Region