Bader Tip of the Week

Updates deployed to the Bader System today, release notes linked below and also available within the portals directly.

Squadron Management System
Cadet Portal
Volunteer Portal
Admin Portal

1 Like

Interesting that they are making a big thing to highlight that the recording of our profession is at the commandant’s request. Is this a precursor to them using suitably qualified CFAVs more regularly on projects

1 Like

Exactly this. Clearer reporting now enables them to see the SMEs from day jobs

1 Like

He did mention this was something he wanted to do when he spoke to my OIC.

I’m not sure I want to be targeted based on my day job.

And once they see what my day job is, they probably won’t want me anyway.

I think this is a positive step then. As long as invitations to join projects are invitations and not instructions

5 Likes

I guess they only care about airline pilots, not little old flying instructors :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Your qualifications are meaningless. Spit civilian flying quals spit

4 Likes

Whilst this is a good idea, There’s also something called Employer Supported Volunteering.

Knowing who everyone works for means that you can then target those employers regarding schemes for their volunteers as well where to market volunteer recruitment.

We record the schools for the cadets so might as well have the equivalent for adult personnel.

1 Like

I see it is opt in, which makes it a bit better.

Other issues aside, I volunteer to do something that isn’t my day job, and see that as important to my MH, work-life balance etc.

This was another thing he mentioned.

I’m not sure where they got this list from but my job, which isn’t massively uncommon, doesn’t have any equivalent. You can be a “mud logger” but not what I do. Odd.

2 Likes

Does anyone have any tips for getting actual help out of the Bader Desk? I keep getting radio silence from them via email. I have tried to put calls in through the page on sharepoint, but that will not accept anything from me, trying with both role and personal accounts.

Can’t see anything closely related to my job so as long as I’m not ‘volunteered’ for something I’m not actually qualified to do I’m OK with it…and as long as I don’t end up having to explain myself every time I politely decline a request…

1 Like

Kind of falls down if your day job is ballet dancer, but your hobby and passion at the weekends is flying/shooting/parachuting/AT/sports etc.

well you might just have to talk to people then. . .

1 Like

Email is the only access point currently.

Feel free to DM me or speak to your Wg Bader Officer who should also be able to help.

@james_elliott on the discord, a few cadets have noticed that qualifications they had on their brassard have been removed under the update.

We need their CFAVs to email the Helpdesk with details of the cadet (their service number), a clear description of the problem and ideally screenshots, please!

Error messages all over the place, stuff displaying in a daft way. Not sure this is how the update was meant to go!

1 Like