Bader Tip of the Week

Google is my friend and yours - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/use-planner-in-microsoft-teams-62798a9f-e8f7-4722-a700-27dd28a06ee0

I use Planner at work, which puts me off using it in my hobby tbh :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought we weren’t supposed to add personal accounts to any Teams, because that would be done automatically by the Bader team as part of migration?

Not if you didn’t have a role account pre-personal accounts :stuck_out_tongue:

Now I can actually join as me rather than the Sqn generic account :smiley:

1 Like

Ah ok. I still don’t really understand the point of the Sqn Team…

Nor do I to be honest as my OC hasn’t added me to it yet. But I’m in some other teams that are useful.

I can see how a sqn team could be useful though. Albeit no more useful that a WhatsApp/Facebook group imo.

2 Likes

We are using it for document storage more than anything, but now also the planner function.

2 Likes

Saves using my personal Facebook messenger or WhatsApp for communicating.

Can hold meetings on there

Document store.

hmm, not quite sure I understand how to do this. Any docs?

He means if you can persuade/encourage all the sqn staff to install the teams app on their phone, you can use the sqn team to chat and plan sqn activities, linking in to sharepoint and the file storage as well.

hmm…

so, I’m (apparently) technical, I use teams practically all day every day for work. I’ve never got on with the mobile app at all (I would always rather turn my laptop on and just use the desktop app than fight with the mobile app, I’ve wasted too much of my life with it already) and I wouldn’t want to ask people to use it. I don’t understand the advantage of using the Sqn “team” to organise meetings rather than just using a set of personal accounts. Maybe I’m missing something obvious tho :sweat_smile:

Also free 1:1 calls as long as you have wifi, actually works quite well (my man cave has lousy mobile signal but fast broadband), also avoids having to give my mobile number out to some people in the Corps

this is a consequence of being able to use Teams (even if you only had access to the general account), not the fact that there is a Sqn Team

True it was ref @mprentice1‘s point about getting the Sqn staff to have the app on their phones.

Emailing Personal Accounts for a Sqn / Wing (RAFAC Account Sign In required)

3 Likes

Nice. Also good reminding people to add it to the BCC tab to avoid cheese-gate.

It does say :wink:

• Click on “BCC” to open the the Select Names Window

Ay, I was complimenting you for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sorry, I totally mis read your comment!

Encouraging people to use BCC for internal addresses… How very non defence compliant of you. Tsk, tsk :wink:

1 Like

Use BCC and add a ‘Distribution:’ at the end of the email :wink:

2 Likes