Bader Squadron Management System v5

There is no going back, nor should we want to.
Better to fix the minor inconveniences than throw the baby out with the bathwater.

So far, it has not been smooth.
I’m not getting into an argument on here.
I have sent my list of problems via official channels also.

Not hopeful on a fix(s) anytime soon.
Not hopeful on a smooth roll out of cadet portal now either.

Say what you want.
This is far less than ideal.

Jesus and I thought Teflon was bad.

Can you bear in mind this isn’t the be all and end all. No one is going to die because there are some glitches in a software system.

It’s time to get a bit of perspective - James and his teams have been working tirelessly to get this to happen and it’s far better than before. There are some problems, but they’re hardly of vital importance.

10 Likes

Woppity do.

After one day I think it’s fair there are still some minor issues to be honest.

3 Likes

Releasing SMS has been like poking a bee hive with a stick, poor James and the rest of the team. It would be awesome if they could release it with zero bugs but even like that huge apple update…they still need to iron out a few things and they cant do that without feedback. Give precise feedback to your problem and they will no doubt add it to the list to get fix’ified…

1 Like

Jesus.
Dont say the word feedback on here!
I dont blame james at all. He is a volunteer. It is not his paid job to get this stuff fixed or right.
But, he has made himself voluntarily a conduit to the team at HQAC who are paid to do this as their mortgage paying day jobs.

Some of us, need SMS to work first time, everytime.

Shoot me down. Say what you want.
Just need the tools for the Sqn to work.

It has never done that - now you are being unrealistic :wink:

6 Likes

Fair point.
But still!

Feedback isn’t usually presented anonymously on a forum and accompanied by such negativity.

If you’ve reported through the right channels, what is the purpose of your post other than to moan?

You need it to work at 1.15 on a Thursday afternoon, and that’s critical is it? I think you need to be realistic and accept that perfection doesn’t happen and there are always going to be bugs. Coming on here and having a go at someone who is doing this in his free time, isn’t forced to use this website to interact with us and actually cops a bit of flack for doing so isn’t productive or conducive to having your voice heard.

Why do you have to be so high and mighty @pEp?

We all have responsibilities.

If you must know, I could.not get on last night at all.
I’m on a break and I wanted to study up on SMS v5. Sign off some PIPES my staff put in and generally tidy up my Sqns SMS.

That’s why.

Where?

Sorry to be picking on your comments but imagine if a Cadet came up with an idea and you said hmmm ok we will give it a try. Idea gets put into motion and 50% of it works and the other 50% is what you really need to work. Would you come down on him with a ton of feathers? A little encouragement and a thank you for what you are trying to achieve would go far with that cadet. Regardless if someone is a volunteer or is getting paid, this SMS jobby is a big thing to get right I’m guessing so a little patience please. Turn the tables and it’s you getting message after message things aren’t working, are you thinking [CENSORED] I only put it up yesterday and they are baying for my cyber blood.

Enjoy your break and think back to how they did things in the olden days when the world was black and white. Email people or call them to say you can’t sign something off but once SMS is working you will. How many staff members in the RAFAC world are not on here and are just getting on with it? I bet it’s quite a few…

All of which are desirable, not essential. Have a word with yourself.

2 Likes

Can’t see that there will be any issues with CP, as it’ll (a) be a beta test first and (b) be coming from a standing start, so even if it turns out to be 100% inoperable on the day of its launch you won’t actually be in any worse position than if it hadn’t launched at all.

2 Likes

To be honest if this is already having a major impact on events and activities for you then you’ve left it all too late to begin with

6 Likes

No.
I just want to sign off some events.
They are for dec and Jan if you must know.
Point is I’m a volunteer. I use my spare time to do such things. So on parade evenings I can not be stuck in my office.

If we only want SMS to work 1900 til 2200 M-F I’m sure a cheaper solution could be found.

You are all being very pedantic.

Theres that benefit of anonymity most choose on here I guess.

I think you need to get a grip of some perspective, everything you have listed can wait for the very small team of developers to fix the bugs in the system. It’s been a major version overhaul and it has some bugs that yes aren’t great but are not stopping the world from turning. I have managed to get on and complete an event today after they fixed the permission issue, but that issue was brought around by myself as I knew the update was coming and didn’t get around to uploading the RA and ticking the box prior. Your bad admin is not their emergency, let them compete the work and iron out the bugs, although the work that you have listed and wanting to do can easily wait until the bugs have been ironed out and the system is working as intended.

3 Likes

we’re being pedantic? Really?

We’re all volunteers as well as you and you’re trying to claim I’m being high and mighty?

Anyway, I act holier than thou as I’m a mod. It goes to our heads and we’re a bit power hungry you see.

Why don’t you go and have a cup of tea, remember that you have 2 months to get those events on SMS and stop acting like the world is against you. If you want help, try asking nicely you’ll find it tends to go a lot further.

1 Like

Just him, by the way. The rest of us are normal. :wink:

4 Likes