Bader Personal Accounts - They're Here!

I’m extremely dense anyway but I’m blaming the slight temperature rise today. I last signed into the generic email and I have just tried to sign into my personal email but, its still trying to open the generic email. how does one start from fresh and I cleared my cookies. Does one need to do something else?

I can use incognito to log into my personal but I get an error when trying to add the generic email.

I’m not so sure they did or if they did then I can see a few that didn’t.

So, the only place I’ve been monitoring the generic is on my phone, because the link to personal acct is broken and multiple log ins is a ball ache.

Had the “not enabled yet” response when reported.

I’ve just tried to log into Outlook Online and it doesn’t work. And it doesn’t work for Teams, which was at one point useful. Does still appear to work on my phone though…

Why has this been made so difficult?

I don’t think it is difficult, it’s just some of the help guides needed to be communicated a bit better. If set up correctly, it’s much easier just having to log into one account, rather than multiple.

I had the same problem and clearing my browsing history did it

I had the same problem and emailed my bader rep - it is affecting all generic email accounts and was not expected to happen - have to wait until they fix it

1 Like

Simple things Doh! cheers :melting_face:

Except we can’t!

My only access now to the generic account is via my phone app and there’s a lot of people who won’t or can’t.

Are we seriously switching things off before the alternative is fixed?

To be fair, we aren’t switching it off. Microsoft have, and we’ve known they will at some point.

Except this has been like this form day 1 of the sheared mail box scenario - only in relation to general account!

Sept 2021? a long time now!

1 Like

Anyone have any idea: 1) if it still works on phones when you need to add the account (given you sign in with the group mailbox password?)? 2) what happens when that password expires and needs changed?

I think you can change the group password by logging in into share point. L.

Not sure about assessing to the account but from what I’ve read it’s the web app and not the phone app that has had the change.

My phone seems to still work after a password change.

On my phone it doesn’t show the linked role accounts on my personal log on, but does on desktop and tablet… how odd!

You are supposed to be able to add Shared Mailboxes in Outlook Mobile, however I got a permissions error when I tried.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/add-a-shared-mailbox-to-outlook-mobile-f866242c-81b2-472e-8776-6c49c5473c9f

You can’t now you can’t log into Microsoft Services with a role account.

1 Like

Ah that has worked by downloading the app, I was previously logging in via browser on mobile.

Have you been able to add the shared mailboxes?

I added them on individually first, had to use authenticate app too…

Then when I go to the log in screen it has my list of 3 emails to choose; personal, sqn role, wing role.

When I choose personal the other two mailboxes appear under my sent box. When you press them it gives you the name of the inbox and “go to inbox” - press that and your in.

So if you upgrade a perfectly good car to a newer model only to find the new one doesn’t work you would be pretty cheesed off, now using that analogy and let rafac upgrade the IT system then you get exactly the same feeling.

Moral of the story if it isn’t broken, don’t try and fix it. If that doesn’t do it for you then at least test it before delivery.

It was broken.

No ability to contact the majority of Staff directly

No ability to login to a portal for HR / Accounts processes.

5 Likes