Bader Personal Accounts - They're Here!

Yep, as I said above. This shouldn’t really cause any issues if people had followed the previous information. But I know loads that were still just logging into their role account for emails.

The issue here is going to be staff cadets getting access to the generic account!

3 Likes

it was by email - to the role accounts - after they closed them :wink:

Thats kinda been resolved with the answer that if a staff cadet is assigned a sqn role then they will be assigned the appropriate permissions and licenses that come with that role, i.e access to email to use the role.1234 mailbox etc.

But I have staff cadets not in a primary role who currently use the genetic account. Now they can’t use it?

and words

So, how do I add the generic sqn account to my role account? Anyone remind me?

1 Like

https://rafac.sharepoint.com/sites/BADERHub/SitePages/How-to-add-a-multi-user-mailbox-to-your-Bader-personal-email.aspx

Thanks, but what if I do that and it tells me I don’t have permission? Any ideas?

How do you access the generic account from a personal account, is it the same way

We keep coming back to that issue.

1 Like

Not sure. I know I had to log into the generic account and manually add my personal account as an owner. Obviously this is no longer an option.

You could try using the ‘open another mailbox’ button when logged into your personal account to access the generic account. The right click on it’s inbox and see if you can set your self as an owner…

Boom… there we are. I’m seriously contemplating a Sqn reshuffle just to allow my staff cadet RAFAC email access so they can continue doing their role (which doesn’t have a role acct).

Ps (the cake didn’t work… .it melted)…

Generic Account not linking to personal account - email Helpdesk.

Generic Accounts currently still have direct login access.

1 Like

Seen as our role account is useful elsewhere does anyone know how to go in and change the picture associated to it without the web email access?

:man_facepalming:

You and 90% of people. But still…

You can’t.

Hence role accounts had the images removed.

Nope, not ours. But I won’t email the Helpdesk as apparently it is a known problem. Great.

I got this off Teams but seems to not be the case (right now)

They don’t anymore. At least mine doesn’t, and many other saying theirs no longer works.

Most of the e-mails I make and receive are role applicable and need to be there for accountability and to pass on to my successor, yet everyone seems to send stuff to my personal account and I then have to forward the ones that are relevant to role, now your saying I have to log into the personal account first. Is this applicable to logging in on phones as that will be a right pain ?