Bader Personal Accounts - They're Here!

Complete twaddle… wherever this came from, its wrong. Role accounts (as other have said) is for business related to that persons role. Bearing in mind whomsoever takes over that role in the future MAY need access to this information. If it’s in your personal account, you’ll be taking it with you to the next role you do… which isn’t helpful to the next person in your role and is no longer relevant to you!

Personal accounts should be for personal business related to either you, your development or (in my opinion) secondary duties.

Considering hardly any of the staff on my squadron are using the personal accounts because they don’t have time to deal with bureaucracy & dont see the point of them this makes things even more non-sensical.

I would be interested in the statistics on how many personal accounts are not being used.

I guess they’re not keen on claiming VA, HTD or signing up for events in the future then!

2 Likes

Most are CIs, you can sign up through SMS and all live too close for HTD.

I rarely claim VA as I tend to forget & can’t be bothered with the paperwork so there isn’t really much need 🤷

At the end of the day we’re not here for the money.

1 Like

What a load of absolute nonsense that is.

Role account. Is for all role bussiness IN and OUT.

Pers account. Is for personal stuff only. I.e. if I’m attending a course or if I am being contacted as Paracetamol, NOT as OC of XXX Sqn.

My bet… over 80% arent even set up.

2 Likes

Agreed, although I only use my role account for my primary role… secondary roles (for which I don’t have role account) I use my PA for.

Are there many secondary duties that come without a role account?

Helping out on a Wing / Region / National Team, but not a specific an “SME”. For example assisting with Fieldcraft or something. I guess it depends our SMEs want to break things down though…

For now, yes.

Exactly! :wink:

Can someone please confirm if I’m missing a setting that allows me the change the default “from” address in the web app?

And WHY OH WHY in all that is and isn’t holy, if I send an email from a role address, person replies, and I reply back does it not think “err derp, maybe this person wants to continue sending emails from the same account they used for this conversation previously”.

4 Likes

Settings Cog > View All Outlook Settings > Compose and Reply > Scroll down to “Message Format”

Edit, ohh wait, default entry for from . . . hmmm

I read somewhere (I think) that it’s an organisation-wide setting that would need to be changed.

Just found this too: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/all/setting-the-default-send-from-e-address-on-shared/b06039be-c4dc-4bb3-8b9c-d31315c84bf8

This doesn’t answer the question but is a workaround. I find it easier to use the “open another mailbox” option you get in the top-right-corner. This opens the other mailbox in a new tab, but the signature and sent-from address all work as you would expect.

2 Likes

Hi, my name’s ccw34, and I have a Chrome Tab problem :pleading_face:

How is your computer not on fire?

1 Like

Looks like he’s sensible and uses The Great Suspender :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a great plugin that puts tabs to sleep if you haven’t used them for a certain amount of time. I use it on my laptop as I run out of RAM pretty quickly otherwise :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

For a while now I’ve been upable to add role accounts (which have been assigned since the personal account roll out) to my personal as shared mailboxes.

This morning I could! =D

1 Like

Similar. But unable to send from that account as I don’t have permission supposidly…but I’ve given my personal account access